After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

Lol.

Dinosaur-ass, stone age organization. Jerry 100% deserves the baseball misery he's experiencing and will continue to experience, because there is no light at the end of this tunnel when you operate this way.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fire everyone 

Well it looks like I don't have to follow baseball anymore until Jerry is gone or Montreal gets an expansion team, whichever comes first.

Looks like IDing the Comiskey Park shooter is the last relevant storyline to be determined in 2023.

Jerry Reinsdorf - Still a Jive Turkey after all these years

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Lol.

Dinosaur-ass, stone age organization. Jerry 100% deserves the baseball misery he's experiencing and will continue to experience, because there is no light at the end of this tunnel when you operate this way.

He just wants a bunch of yes men that tell him what he wants to hear 

• Like 2

Just now, flavum said:

We’re just stuck being fans of a bad organization until there’s a new chairman, and there’s nothing we can do about it. Just have to hope for the best on a yearly basis that everything comes together…which it probably won’t. 

The best we can probably hope for is a season like 2021. 

21 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

You know it’s bad when this thread isn’t even gaining steam after something like this. I think a lot of people have just given up with this team. 

To be Honest with you.......I don't believe these talking heads.  No one knows what is going on and what is going to happen.  I will hold off until something happens to make declarations.  

Edited by 2Deep

Just now, 2Deep said:

To be Honest with you.......I don't believe these talking heads.  No one know what is going on and what is going to happen.  I will hold off until something happens to make declarations.  

I kind of feel this way. There have been so many conflicting reports. I just hope Nightengale is wrong, because f*** him. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fathom said:

Fire everyone 

honestly, I don't believe it. I bet the 'sources' are people who don't really know but are making an educated guess based on what they know about Reinsdorf and have whatever credentials needed to function as a source so that Morosi can cook up a tweet and keep his job a little longer. 

I think the shakeup that happened to the Bulls a few years ago is the best predictor of how this front office search will go. If you don't follow the NBA, the Bulls similarly had a two-headed President/GM monster making decisions and stepping on each other's shoes that was left in charge way too long. Eventually, they were fired (Paxson 'demoted' to consultant) and they hired an up-and-coming executive from a team outside the conference and let him hire a GM to handle day-to-day stuff.

Maybe that was a Michael Reinsdorf decision and Jerry is still stuck in his ways (or sees how going outside the org actually made the Bulls worse off...they are indeed a worse team under the new administration with no immediate path to success), but I believe more so that they will actually take a look at executives in other orgs. Doesn't mean they won't hire Getz, I just don't believe all these tweets that seem frankly derivative of the original Nightengale report (ie whatever Reinsdorf wants the public to think).

Edited by nrockway

F’N sell Jerry……you are the #1 problem with the organization and always have been. Keep hiring guys not qualified to water my lawn. I’m not returning till you are gone, fan since 1974 I’m done giving you money!

Edited by Soxfest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Just sell the damn team. What a dogshit hire by an owner who is lazy, rich, stubborn and clueless on how to produce a winning organization in the modern era. He wants to do it "His way". Well, his way sucks ass and now the Sox are a bottom of the barrel franchise with no hope in sight. Wake me up when Jerry is no longer in charge of this franchise. 

Edited by GreatScott82
  • Like 1
  • Fire 2

25 minutes ago, nrockway said:

honestly, I don't believe it. I bet the 'sources' are people who don't really know but are making an educated guess based on what they know about Reinsdorf and have whatever credentials needed to function as a source so that Morosi can cook up a tweet and keep his job a little longer. 

I think the shakeup that happened to the Bulls a few years ago is the best predictor of how this front office search will go. If you don't follow the NBA, the Bulls similarly had a two-headed President/GM monster making decisions and stepping on each other's shoes that was left in charge way too long. Eventually, they were fired (Paxson 'demoted' to consultant) and they hired an up-and-coming executive from a team outside the conference and let him hire a GM to handle day-to-day stuff.

Maybe that was a Michael Reinsdorf decision and Jerry is still stuck in his ways (or sees how going outside the org actually made the Bulls worse off...they are indeed a worse team under the new administration with no immediate path to success), but I believe more so that they will actually take a look at executives in other orgs. Doesn't mean they won't hire Getz, I just don't believe all these tweets that seem frankly derivative of the original Nightengale report (ie whatever Reinsdorf wants the public to think).

Disagree on the Bulls being worse off than they were with GarPax. GarPax had no one who wanted to come to Chicago, fired a coach over power, and had no prospects. Citing Lauri after he made two more stops is hindsight or Wendell Carter on another bad team. Bulls most definitely are better off for changing their FO. Demar is a legit player and helped legitimize. With that stated, Paxson quit, he wasn't fired. He flat out told the Reinsdorfs, he wasn't the man to do the job anymore and he helped look at other organizations and was heavily involved in the hiring process. 

Bulls stench was so bad they couldn't get frontrunners to interview, such as Miami's 2nd in command. Also, at that point, Michael had taken over the day to day for the Bulls as chairman. Many thought he wouldn't ever fire Gar because their wives are best friends.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

To be Honest with you.......I don't believe these talking heads.  No one knows what is going on and what is going to happen.  I will hold off until something happens to make declarations.  

29 minutes ago, nrockway said:

Sounds like the press conference will be on Thursday. 

• Thanks 1
  • TLR 1

10 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Disagree on the Bulls being worse off than they were with GarPax. GarPax had no one who wanted to come to Chicago, fired a coach over power, and had no prospects. Citing Lauri after he made two more stops is hindsight or Wendell Carter on another bad team. Bulls most definitely are better off for changing their FO. Demar is a legit player and helped legitimize. With that stated, Paxson quit, he wasn't fired. He flat out told the Reinsdorfs, he wasn't the man to do the job anymore and he helped look at other organizations and was heavily involved in the hiring process. 

Bulls stench was so bad they couldn't get frontrunners to interview, such as Miami's 2nd in command. Also, at that point, Michael had taken over the day to day for the Bulls as chairman. Many thought he wouldn't ever fire Gar because their wives are best friends.

The legitimacy is a good point actually and the Donovan hire signaled that as well, but it remains to be seen if it attracts any players worth a damn. The trades they made has hamstrung us and even if I'm a fan of DeMar, I think it was a mistake to tie up that much money (and get rid of a first round draft pick) in a guy with his playstyle...ie a ballhog that doesn't mesh with the other ballhog commanding maximum money or the $20mil player who also needs the ball to be effective. The other ballhog, Lavine, could be the perfect off-ball shooting guard, Rip Hamilton or Ray Allen on steroids, but either the coach doesn't want him to do that or he doesn't listen to the coach. 

The new front office mortgaged the future to get 'win now' guys who simply weren't good enough or fit together well. Poor roster construction and they gave away a ton of first round picks to achieve less than GarPax. The Lauri trade and betting on Pat Williams was the biggest boneheaded move, Lauri's success really did not come out of no where, he showed he had this ability his first season before he was relegated by Billy to spot-up three point shooter. At least Boylen was smart enough to let him get rebounds and carry the ball up the floor. We gave up an all-star starter at our weakest position for a pick that will probably convey as two second round picks (correct me if I'm wrong about this but I think that's how the lottery protection was structured).

Anyway, bball rant over. As I said, the point about legitimacy is a good one (both to players and fans) if the Sox hire a reputable executive from outside the organization (and hopefully division). I would just be cautious that the grass is always greener. Maybe Getz would actually be good at the job, how should I know?

• Like 1

Ok important questions.  I’ve been a Sox fan since childhood (1990).  In this particular situation—say they hire Getz and the majority of us lifers basically give up…what’s the fan rule?

Are we now considered band wagon fans if, someday, they make their way back to relevance and we begin rooting for them again?  We’ve tolerated more than our fair share of grief.  Does it count as “giving up” if there’s literally nothing to give up on?  Does it count as giving up since the owner and the majority of the players have given up on us?  Do we have to remain independently unaffiliated and not cheer for any other team to be able to return?  Or do we have to at least commiserate with Sox fans while we sit out the actual games part of the season?  Can we all agree that not supporting this owner’s team now is actually considered practicing strong mental health?  We need some clarity on these things and a unified front on how we will fan rule our way through this. 

Edited by FT35
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP