After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP

bmags

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You don't know what the hell you're talking about, bozo

You called her a Chinese woman, lol.

Even if she was born there (which I'm 99% isn't correct)...she's currently not Chinese, she's American.

Personal attacks and/or references to The Bozo Show are not allowed/tolerated by SoxTalk moderators.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Did you think KW was white this whole time? Also, it seems like Jerry did a lot for Kim Ng, a Chinese woman. What are you even talking about here?

Ron,

That's not the point. If the Selig rule is still in place, legitimate interviews should be conducted, and they should include candidates under the terms of the rule for manager, assistant GM and GM.

If not, than scrap the rule. It's more insulting to qualified candidates to be passed over for people with absolutely zero qualifications like Chris Getz, or zero relevancy over a decade like Tony La Russa, and pretend others were given a legitimate opportunity, or to treat Willie Harris like Token on South Park.

I assume most teams actually take the time to conduct a legitimate interview process, to learn about others, learn about how other organizations conduct business, and perhaps improve their internal processes or at least consider improvement based on what they learned.

It's apparent the organization we at least like or support due to family or whatever is not conducting legitimate interviews, not because they are racist but due to incompetence and lack of ability or interest to operate like a normal business in the 21st century (or even second half of the 20th century).

Just now, South Side Hit Men said:

You must be new here, a few are the primary perpetrators on the board.

For example, people lacking the ability to spell four letter English names.

Buddy calm it down you will move past this grave injustice 

30 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

You called her a Chinese woman, lol.

Even if she was born there (which I'm 99% isn't correct)...she's currently not Chinese, she's American.

Personal attacks and/or references to The Bozo Show are not allowed/tolerated by SoxTalk moderators.

This is absolute malarkey. The moderators have finally gone too far. 

30 minutes ago, TitoMB345 said:

Anyone else going through the stages of grief? I think I just moved into the depression stage. I'm now sad about this whole thing.

I’m fully in acceptance. But resignation is more accurate. Apathy will soon be the prevailing emotion though. 

5 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Na, he’ll say the right stuff just like Grifol, and it’ll even win over some posters here. You’ll see a decent amount of posts telling you to give him some time and opportunity to prove he’s incapable.

Repeat after me, it can only get better than Hahn. Because there's no such thing as worse than the current state of affairs. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Repeat after me, it can only get better than Hahn. Because there's no such thing as worse than the current state of affairs. 

I’ve broken through so many “this is the bottom” with this team I just can’t believe this is true.

• Like 3

lead baseball decision maker tomorrow...

the biggest question remaining is what his actual title is going to be?

and how can they possibly sell it without bringing up the Royals, when that was supposed to be a BIG PART of the same reason that Pedro Grifol was hired, the 2014-15 KC WS teams?

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm excited.  I think he's what this organization needs and he's going to do a great job.  

I respect your opinion, so this is the most optimistic take I've heard that I give any credence too.  I hope you are correct.

On 8/29/2023 at 3:04 PM, Jake said:

Like I said, I'm sympathetic to the idea that you need to avoid speaking ill of the guy in that situation. But especially saying he created a good atmosphere and was a positive influence seems way out of line and goes from true/possibly true statements (like that he was a great player and perhaps good instructor)  to ones that don't seem to be true unless one thinks sanctioning sexual harassment of disabled people in full view of the players is a good environment that leads to positive outcomes. Just in terms of trying to put myself in Getz's shoes, I would both want to stick to facts and try to avoid making any extra kinds of statements that might be seen as the Sox endorsing him for other jobs in the league. That said, I'd be open-minded towards the idea that he just didn't think that carefully about his words and hopes to do better in the future.

Chris Getz did not write that statement.

On 8/29/2023 at 4:13 PM, wegner said:

Honestly it is not who gets hired for the front office that will keep me away. It is the lousy product on the field that will do that. I have been to 3 home games this year and they got their asses kicked every single one of those games....those memories will be what keeps me away until this team becomes an entertainment option that is worth going to see in person.

Yeah, this is where I am. 

Also, this is obviously a ridiculous hire. No way around that. But unlike some others I'll take anything over Rick and for me, I'd much rather have a complete unknown than an old-game retread. Getz was a bad hire but it wasn't the worst hire. Dayton Moore, for example, would have been a much worse POBO.

I got excited for deangelo Jimenez and Brett Lawrie, so I'm not going to pretend I won't give something new a shot. And to me... at least the failure won't be followed up the exact same guy spewing completely insulting bullshit. I would give caufield a chance at running this if it just meant I could stop listening to Rick Hahn and everyone who makes mini excuses for his colossal ineptitude. So this for me is a win because the bar for a win was set so low, I'll take what I can.

• Love 1

In 2019, when the Sox let go of Vizquel at Double-A Birmingham, Getz told MLB.com that Vizquel was an ultra-talented player, very good instructor, created a good environment for our players. We just felt with where things are at, our player development system, that it was time to go separate ways.”

Chicago Tribune

So that means someone like Boyer, Merkin or Reifert was involved in the quietest possible parting of the ways.

The problem is obviously with the underlined section

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, this is where I am. 

Also, this is obviously a ridiculous hire. No way around that. But unlike some others I'll take anything over Rick and for me, I'd much rather have a complete unknown than an old-game retread. Getz was a bad hire but it wasn't the worst hire. Dayton Moore, for example, would have been a much worse POBO.

I got excited for deangelo Jimenez and Brett Lawrie, so I'm not going to pretend I won't give something new a shot. And to me... at least the failure won't be followed up the exact same guy spewing completely insulting bullshit. I would give caufield a chance at running this if it just meant I could stop listening to Rick Hahn and everyone who makes mini excuses for his colossal ineptitude. So this for me is a win because the bar for a win was set so low, I'll take what I can.

Well, an MS in Sports Admin is closer than law and business degrees, lol.

And I was the former Director of Stadium Operations and Public Relations for the Augusta GreenJackets in 1994 and 1995.

I could even throw out the massive success of our new stadium and transition to an exciting new hat logo that led the entire country (at least MiLB) in New Era hat sales during that sales cycle.

Finally, I'm not sure what attendant advantage Jeremy Haber has other than Stanford vs. the University of Iowa.

Edited by caulfield12

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I'm excited.  I think he's what this organization needs and he's going to do a great job.  

Harold i always appreciate your thoughts and insight.

Could you please elaborate on your excitement and why you think he's the guy for this organization? I want to give Getz a fair shot but all I heard from talking heads is that he is not qualified....

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

I’m fully in acceptance. But resignation is more accurate. Apathy will soon be the prevailing emotion though. 

The step after "acceptance" is "find a new baseball team" or "abandon the sport"

This all breaks my heart, tbh

• Thanks 1

• Quin changed the title to After an exhaustive search, Getz named GM/VP