Colas sent to AAA (again)

YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

Charlotte has 12 games left while White Sox have 18. Not sure what the rationale is giving one of our  better prospects  less games as the season winds  down. I would think Colas should be getting as many MLB at bats as possible before the season ends. 

• Like 1

I think if Colas' only issue, was his slow success at the plate, he wouldn't be sent down. The problem is, he's had these lapses of judgement in the field and just overall, that have to be corrected.....ESPECIALLY if your GM talks about exactly that, being an issue.

BUT, as SCCWS said, the AAA season is basically over, so the timing is stupid. Reeks of "We're going to back up what Getz says, even if it makes no sense!"

• Like 3

I think they are sending a clear message that we will hold you accountable. We said that we want you to work on certain things and not continue to do x, y, and z and that is clearly not happening so they are sending a message. I can actually applaud it - its just hard because for year(s) they have not done this and they are clearly NOT consistent in how they have handled it.  

Probably goes into a lot of why they have failed across the board at everything - they don't set the right standard and don't hold people accountable to that standard. It seems to be ripe at all levels, whether its players off-season workout routines, or putting in the right work on the little things and building the right habits that compound into winning ways.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Getz playing hardball.

I still wonder about his weird social media posts last year.  Never really got any explanation on that garbage, but if he legitimately was accusing the Sox of treating him like a slave I'm good just burying him in AAA for two more years before cutting him.  I was surprised he wasn't traded.  Maybe that mess really was a misunderstanding?  

18 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I think they are sending a clear message that we will hold you accountable. We said that we want you to work on certain things and not continue to do x, y, and z and that is clearly not happening so they are sending a message. I can actually applaud it - its just hard because for year(s) they have not done this and they are clearly NOT consistent in how they have handled it.  

Probably goes into a lot of why they have failed across the board at everything - they don't set the right standard and don't hold people accountable to that standard. It seems to be ripe at all levels, whether its players off-season workout routines, or putting in the right work on the little things and building the right habits that compound into winning ways.  

They just want a little b-slap for next year.

ps If you interview a manager or GM candidate you ask: So you must have a manual of all the great ideas and programs you were going to enact when your dream job came along. Let's see it.