9/26-28, Sox vs Diamondbacks series

flavum

1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Too bad, it helps the Cubs. Oh well...maybe they'll lose again tonight. 

I'm counting on that and 3 more losses in Milwaukee. 
We have to pull for the Marlins also, they’re tied with the Flubs for the final playoff spot but ahead with the tie breaker.

Edited by The Mighty Mite

32 minutes ago, almagest said:

Is Touki something maybe?

No. He's a starting pitcher who is arb-1 with an ERA of 5 this season that matches his career ERA of 5. His FIP this year is 5.01 and it's 5.2 for his career. His WHIP is 1.41 this year and 1.46 for his career. He could very well wind up in the rotation of the White Sox next year, because the White Sox have so little in their organization that grabbing guys with an ERA of 5 to be their 4th or 5th starter is ok to them, but that's what bad teams do. On even a decent team, he's a guy who gets picked up when they have had 4 different starters go on the IL at the same time, because guys like him are available on waivers. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T R U said:

Random thought, but it totally fucking sucks we had to see Frank Thomas play for teams other than the White Sox.

Frank Thomas, Jose Aberu, Mark Buehrle and Chris Sale are my Mount Rushmore of this list under Jerry.

2 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Free parking also, tells you how bad and un-exciting the Sox are, they're not even worth a dollar to watch them.

2 hours ago, Ryanado said:

But I thought the tickets had sold out? I get that we’re garbage but I just wondered if people were buying the $1 tickets and not using them as some sort of protest against Jerry

I bought a $1 ticket but ended up staying in bed (usually sleep from sun rise to early afternoon.

They listed attendance at 23,522, but I believe that includes all the tickets given out to their Season Ticket holders. How many appeared to be there?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Frank Thomas, Jose Aberu, Mark Buehrle and Chris Sale are my Mount Rushmore of this list under Jerry.

I bought a $1 ticket but ended up staying in bed (usually sleep from sun rise to early afternoon.

They listed attendance at 23,522, but I believe that includes all the tickets given out to their Season Ticket holders. How many appeared to be there?

Not close to 23,000, maybe 8,000.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

No. He's a starting pitcher who is arb-1 with an ERA of 5 this season that matches his career ERA of 5. His FIP this year is 5.01 and it's 5.2 for his career. His WHIP is 1.41 this year and 1.46 for his career. He could very well wind up in the rotation of the White Sox next year, because the White Sox have so little in their organization that grabbing guys with an ERA of 5 to be their 4th or 5th starter is ok to them, but that's what bad teams do. On even a decent team, he's a guy who gets picked up when they have had 4 different starters go on the IL at the same time, because guys like him are available on waivers. 

He’s been pretty good over his last couple starts, especially in limiting the walks, but there is probably enough history here to assume he’ll continue to walk 5+ per 9.

3 hours ago, Snopek said:

I’ll be so annoyed if they don’t reach 100 losses. They don’t deserve to dodge that mark of futility.

Me too. I actually want us to lose 100. It's been that bad a season. Wear it Sox. Sox were so bad they are making this an unbearable winter cause we have nothing to look forward to sports wise in the spring. Sox are going to be even worse than this season after they trade the underachievers TA and Moncada and Eloy. Vaughn and Salvy will be our lineup leaders. Yikes.

Edited by greg775

8 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Me too. I actually want us to lose 100. It's been that bad a season. Wear it Sox. Sox were so bad they are making this an unbearable winter cause we have nothing to look forward to sports wise in the spring. Sox are going to be even worse than this season after they trade the underachievers TA and Moncada and Eloy. Vaughn and Salvy will be our lineup leaders. Yikes.

I hope the Bears don’t win until at least November so the streak goes beyond 12 months.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/202210240nwe.htm

14 hours ago, almagest said:

He’s been pretty good over his last couple starts, especially in limiting the walks, but there is probably enough history here to assume he’ll continue to walk 5+ per 9.

Touki does have a good arm. He also misses bats. Averages less than 8 hits per 9 innings. Maybe a good pitching coach

could turn him into a solid pitcher. No chance of that here. If I were him, I'd beg the Dodgers for a chance.

17 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

odds they give Mena a shot at the big league club in 2024?

1 hour ago, zisk said:

Touki does have a good arm. He also misses bats. Averages less than 8 hits per 9 innings. Maybe a good pitching coach

could turn him into a solid pitcher. No chance of that here. If I were him, I'd beg the Dodgers for a chance.

The guy came up in Atlanta's system and started 2023 with Cleveland.