Benetti to Tigers

BBaum21

37 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Correct, the product sucks and having some guy talk about s%*# doesn't turn it to diamonds. 

Benetti was fine, better than most but who cares? I'm watching baseball, not listening for an announcer. They can add to a solid product but they absolutely don't prop up a s%*# one.

When you let the Sox get you to ignore the symptoms...they will continue to let their disease spread. Thats all I'm saying.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Did people really only watch to listen to him?  

I sure as hell didn't tune in to watch good baseball being played.  Jason at least did his best to make it enjoyable.  I don't understand why so many Sox fans don't like him.  Yet on a national level, fans LOVE him and recognize his talent.  How they let a homegrown fan leave is beyond stupidity.  But not surprising considering what a joke this franchise has become.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

Unscientific poll, but a decent amount of other team's fans have said that they would listen to the Sox broadcast instead of their own because Jason and Stone were that good together.

Sure, but listen to them over 140 games, with 80 of those games being losses. We'll see. Familiarity breeds contempt.

• Fire 1

23 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I thought they were saying that long before this announcement?

The whole season all I read was fan’s apathy.  The last two years actually.

I don’t think this is what broke the camel’s back.

the opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.

2 minutes ago, Chisoxmb35 said:

He was pretty "meh" for me so this changes nothing. 

I just can't imagine a world where even if you liked Jason this is the thing that pushes you over the edge on your fandom.

It's like your basement is flooded, there's a fire in the kitchen, and you're worried about the squeaky front door.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Not watching, not listening, not recording, not going.

Been a Sox fan for >60 years and they've become irrelevant. 

Reinsdorf, you crusty, senile bastard!  

You're creating reasons to shut Sox fans down so you can move the team without turmoil.

Pure scum!  Count your billions rotting in hell!  Lots of time to count them all, over and over.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

27 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I just can't imagine a world where even if you liked Jason this is the thing that pushes you over the edge on your fandom.

It's like your basement is flooded, there's a fire in the kitchen, and you're worried about the squeaky front door.

Nah, that's not it. All of that bad stuff already happened and the house collapsed into a pile of rubble. Then JR and BB walked by and took a dump on it.