Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Agree that not all top 100 prospects are equal.  Per MLB.com, there is one 70 FV,5 at 65 FV, and 11at 60. (Montgomery at 17 is their last 60 FV).  Let's just assume the rankings are "correct" then if you get one of these 17, you could certainly take less on the second prospect.  Also depending on how good the first two prospects are would impact what else you get.

3 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

The LAD thing is interesting....but they aren't as good of a fit for us as BAL is. Maybe we leaked it to Bob to pressure Elias to let go of certain people.

Getz said they want to focus on defense and athleticism...Busch is a butcher in the field and Rushing the Savage is a bat first player and somewhat duplicative with Quero. I like both players alot but it doesn't seem like this is what Getz wants.

I feel this is more about leaking to pressure BAL.

I got the impression they might be targeting Outman.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Outman is just a guy. He could be some sort of component but he shouldn't be the focal point of any deal

Yeah I have a gut feeling that he's a Dodgers lab created player that would be a JAG anywhere else.

IMO, Baltimore is the best match unless the LAD are super desperate.

Frasso, Pages (platoon with Colas in RF, Busch (try him at 2B, if not then 1B or DH) and Knack. 

I'd do that deal with LAD.

Actually based on baseball trade values it would be almost even and we'd be getting only an extra 6m in SV....so maybe we can throw in a reliever or something. 

If they balked, I'd also take Stone/Frasso, Busch and Pages and drop the 4th piece. 

C Cheap FA bridge

1B Vaughn

2B Lopez

SS Montgomery

3B Moncada/Ramos

DH Busch

LF Beni

CF Robert

RF Pages/Colas platoon

Edited by SoCalChiSox

58 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I am confused how Outman is just a guy? His first full season he hits 23 home runs and steals 16 bases

Exactly. Everyone here would be thrilled if one of the players traded for Cease comes here and finishes 3rd in Rookie of the Year... But they don't want the guy who actually did it.

Him, Frasso, and a few lesser prospects would be a solid (non-sexy) return. 

James Outman has put up 5 WAR in first 155 career games, plays great OF defense, draws a ton of walks, is a 93rd percentile baserunner, and hits lefty and some people here are saying he's "JUST A GUY?!?!". That's absurd.

And it's not just a blip. In 2022 he hit 32 HR combined across AA, AAA, and the majors, batting just under .300 with an OBP a touch under .400. The dude is EXACTLY what the Sox need. What are we doing here?

Outman + Frasso + a lottery ticket arm like Hyun-Seok Jang or Brady Smith would be a great return. 

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Like 1

Bummer brought them bodies and a upside possibilities with a couple of pitchers because that is the extent of his worth. The Sox need younger prospects in their early 20s / late teens for Cease or Robert beyond an extreme salary dump (pairing Benintendi/Yoan/Eloy with one or both).

Outman is 27 next season. He will not help with the next competitive window except perhaps a final expensive arb year or two. The Sox don't need guys peaking in 2024-2026, they need a core peaking in the late 2020s and a new owner and FO.

Thank you Rick Hahn for your decade plus of service and leaving us with far less talent than you started with in March 2013.

White Sox Baseball Talent = The equivalent of Linda McCarthy playing keyboard.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, SoxFest23 said:

Exactly. Everyone here would be thrilled if one of the players traded for Cease comes here and finishes 3rd in Rookie of the Year... But they don't want the guy who actually did it.

Him, Frasso, and a few lesser prospects would be a solid (non-sexy) return. 

I would just find it confusing. Loved him as an option when he seemed blocked and we needed outfield depth and he seemed like he was overlooked.

But trading for a guy who will be 27 in May, when we are so far from competing? Seems a bit confusing for to me.

Do people here realize he was an older rookie?

I'll be honest the guys at the top of their farm ranking are not all that great. They are old. Like really old to be on top 100 lists. You also have to wonder how some of those numbers they are putting up in AAA translate to the majors like Busch came up and really struggled. The minor leagues are full of AAAA older players who can dominate at lower levels.

Josue De Paula, Jesus Tillero, Samuel Munoz, and Joendry Vargas to me are the most desirable pieces from their farm system the dodgers are great finding Latin American talent. They basically have their pick of high toolsy young players every year and to me I'd prioritize upside in any trade with them especially considering their frontline prospects

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic