Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Which is why the O’s are talking to the Sox and other teams.  Obviously though, whether it’s incredibly foolish not to get a TOR arm depends on what it costs.  And none of us know that right now.  

If the Orioles don’t end up with a legit arm, they’ve made a grave offseason mistake. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Typically it lasts 6 weeks. Didn't even realize he had an issue with it. Myocarditis can be caused by any viral infection, but it normally isn't anything super serious and usually people go on to be just fine afterwards. Rare cases can cause permanent damage.

Just depends on the cause and the damage done. It can be more problematic for athletes as they typically train harder than your average person and the possibility of cardiac events such as strokes or blood clots is higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

If they're smart they would get serious now to avoid a bidding war, however they do likely have the most ammo so I could see it going either way. 

It's a game of chicken basically. They could jump the market, but as O's fans have said here, Elias usually holds firm with what he's willing to offer and will walk away before upping beyond his threshold. I don't expect a deal with Baltimore to go down for that reason. But other suitors won't start seriously sniffing around a Cease trade until the quality FA options dry up.

7 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

If they're smart they would get serious now to avoid a bidding war, however they do likely have the most ammo so I could see it going either way. 

I think the only way they avoid the bidding war is to overpay up front. Getz is waiting on Snell and Monty to sign. He's manufactured this, making the counter-offers that currently have Orioles and Reds fans lying on the ground, weeping themselves to dehydration. The fact that the only leaks we've seen are "White Sox are mean and asking too much" and "All baseball teams are resolved to go into the season with their one-armed grand-mother as their 5th starter" say to me that everything's stalled. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ptatc said:

This brings us to a point I stated in another thread. If all of these owners are considered being cheap, JR, Orioloes, seattle.....

Why are so many people convinced that the next White sox owner will be drastically different?

It's not like JR is the only owner that everyone is considered cheap.

don't get me wrong, I would love to see the next owner spend like crazy. But what are the odds that will happen with the trend in baseball?

Honestly, I don't think JR is completely against spending money. Didn't the Sox have a top 5 or top 7 payroll in baseball just a couple years ago? In my opinion, it's not necessarily how much is spent, but how it is spent (yes, I understand that actually spending is also important). Hahn/Kenny didn't spend well. Yes, they got handcuffed by Jerry when it came to guys like Harper or Machado, but they were horrid in other areas (overspending on the bullpen while completely ignoring RF, 2B and defense). I would bet money (only Jerry's though) that since spending all that cash, and honestly wasting so much of it by releasing a lot of guys still under contract (hello Leury Garcia and Dallas Kuechel, among others), that Jerry is extremely hesitant to have a top-spending payroll again in the game, since it didn't work out the first time around.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

And, aren't the White Sox still hanging onto an announcement? Like Maldonado? That says to me they're close on something, and will do the moves together to offset the 40-man spots. 

Think this might have more to do with the holidays than anything else, no?

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Also extremely popular is Covid vaccinated males. You left that one out.

...because it can also be a more common side effect after recovering from covid itself.

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

Just depends on the cause and the damage done. It can be more problematic for athletes as they typically train harder than your average person and the possibility of cardiac events such as strokes or blood clots is higher.

Yes, I overlooked that. It can be more dangerous for athletes. Eduardo Rodriguez would agree.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Also extremely popular is Covid vaccinated males. You left that one out.

Also anyone who had COVID. Many documented cardiac issues after recovery. The NCAA made it mantory for endurance athlete to have a full cardiac work up for myocarditis before returning to practice. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

If the Orioles don’t end up with a legit arm, they’ve made a grave offseason mistake. 

You mean like when they signed Kyle Gibson as only acquisition in winter 2022 and ummm won 101 games? 

2 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Honestly, I think the Orioles match up better with the Mariners and Marlins. They seem to want to hang on to their top prospects. Those teams have interests in in MLB talent so guys like Mountcastle, O’Hearn, Urias, Santander, and Mateo could be part of a package reducing the number of top prospects they’d have to part with. Plus they have a cheap owner and need to trade their assets for guys with more controllable years.

34 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Honestly, I think the Orioles match up better with the Mariners and Marlins. They seem to want to hang on to their top prospects. Those teams have interests in in MLB talent so guys like Mountcastle, O’Hearn, Urias, Santander, and Mateo could be part of a package reducing the number of top prospects they’d have to part with. Plus they have a cheap owner and need to trade their assets for guys with more controllable years.

I really don’t those guys have that much value.  Not saying they are bad players, but who is giving up a controllable arm for them plus lesser prospects?

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I really don’t those guys have that much value.  Not saying they are bad players, but who is giving up a controllable arm for them plus lesser prospects?

The White Sox rightfully have no interest in veteran players. The Mariners are trying to compete. Their offseason needs are listed as COF, DH, and SS. So maybe they value Santander, Mountcastle, Hays, and or Urias. Obviously they will want some prospect talent just not 4 good prospects with 2 being top 100. 

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Hays 9.6, Mountcastle 14.6, Urias 7.7, Santander 4.4 (low for a 3WAR $12 million salary), and Mateo .7.

lets say they’d be interested in  trading Woo 28.5, and they could plug Santander and Mountcastle in at RF and DH. That’s 19 on the trade sim. A package of Ortiz, Santander, and Mountcastle would line up. Actually in the Mariners favor 32.6 to 28.2.

13 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

Hays 9.6, Mountcastle 14.6, Urias 7.7, Santander 4.4 (low for a 3WAR $12 million salary), and Mateo .7.

lets say they’d be interested in  trading Woo 28.5, and they could plug Santander and Mountcastle in at RF and DH. That’s 19 on the trade sim. A package of Ortiz, Santander, and Mountcastle would line up. Actually in the Mariners favor 32.6 to 28.2.

The cost-cutting Mariners would probably rather dump Ray than Woo or Miller. I'd be surprised if the O's traded Santander or Mountcastle this winter as well. Even with all of their prospects, good teams still need a mix of veteran players.

35 minutes ago, Rolle Tide said:

The White Sox rightfully have no interest in veteran players. The Mariners are trying to compete. Their offseason needs are listed as COF, DH, and SS. So maybe they value Santander, Mountcastle, Hays, and or Urias. Obviously they will want some prospect talent just not 4 good prospects with 2 being top 100. 

JP Crawford would like a word. He's the heart of that team. RF and DH should not require trading away cost-controlled pitching.

1 hour ago, Rolle Tide said:

Why would the mariners trade one of their legit SPs if they’re trying to compete? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

The cost-cutting Mariners would probably rather dump Ray than Woo or Miller. I'd be surprised if the O's traded Santander or Mountcastle this winter as well. Even with all of their prospects, good teams still need a mix of veteran players.

Santander is in the final year of his deal. They aren’t resigning him and getting something for the future is a Rays type move. The Orioles owner is saying that is the team they want to model after.

As far as Mountcastle, Holiday, Ortiz, and Mayo are ready or nearly. You have Gunner and Westburg so the obvious places to make room are by moving the veterans that we know they aren’t going to extend.

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

JP Crawford would like a word. He's the heart of that team. RF and DH should not require trading away cost-controlled pitching.

Ok …. So I took an article from one of their beat writers. COF is right or left. 

3 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

The Orioles forum is so pressed and bothered by this thread. Pretty funny. 

We've not made a single new point in like, 3 weeks. Why would they be bothered?!

dear god we need a rumor

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic