Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

6 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

Careful, can’t say the name Mayo, he’s the second coming of Manny Machado, all of Baltimore will implode if he’s talked about in any deal for any player 

He won't make the major league team, because he's blocked. But he's a perennial All-Star who will have to ride the bench because every player on that team is so much greater. It's really sad that Baltimore has advanced all of their prospects to a point where they can't even trade them. It's like wanting to buy a sandwich, but all you have is $1 million gold pieces. Oh well. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

They have an obsession with lefties because their park is better for lefties, just as ours is.

But just like the Os, the WS need balance in the lineup. You can’t have 9 guys hitting left handed.

Correct. We haven't been developing left handed pitchers or hitters in forever. Moncada is basically the one bat, Bummer the one arm.

Colas had a disastrous rookie year, but it was basically him and Montgomery for a while to get excited about.

2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Fair enough, we can throw out the COVID year. 

And I never said anything even remotely like he had 1 good year 3 years ago and hasn’t shown anything since. However, if you look at 2022 (that wasn’t 3 years ago) and look at the rest of the years, I think it’s obvious what the outlier year is. I think it’s obvious that “one of these is unlike any other”.

In his “mediocre” season in 2023, Cease had an fWAR that would have been the second highest on the Orioles pitching staff and just 0.1 less than the Orioles leader Bradish. If Bradish is a TOR guy so is Cease.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think Mayo is coming in a Cease trade, but I’m curious why the concern about him being right-handed?  Mayo had a 1.009 OPS vs. RHP this year, .880 vs. LHP.   He can hit both.  He’s actually hit RHP a little better than LHP each year of his career.  

Sox have needed LH bats for years and he’s owner won’t pay for them. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Harold, good call on the Mets

Is this public now? 

• Like 1
  • Hawk 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m tired of moving first baseman types to the outfield. Please no. Hopefully Getz agrees with me.

What makes him a 1B type?  Just his size?  Kris Bryant is a 6’ 5”, 230 pound 3B / OF.  Obviously Mayo isn’t that level of athlete, but we’re not talking about Andrew Vaughn here.  The kid is fairly athletic and moves very well for his size and has a double plus arm.  A 1B / DH caliber bat that clan play an average RF would be worth a ton.  And I think Kjerstad has similar 1B risk as Mayo does.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

1 minute ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

In his “mediocre” season in 2023, Cease had an fWAR that would have been the second highest on the Orioles pitching staff and just 0.1 less than the Orioles leader Bradish. If Bradish is a TOR guy so is Cease.

Balta explained why fangraphs overrates his 2023, but nobody wants to listen. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

So of course 2023 is what he will be going forward, not 2022 or 2021. 

How the Hell do you get that from "If you think you can get the 2022 Cease out of him, then he's worth everything you trade for him and more"? What more can I say than this? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Balta explained why fangraphs overrates his 2023, but nobody wants to listen. 

No, no one is listening because Balta cares more about being right and telling everyone that he will be than accepting that it's possible for Cease to rebound.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

He won't make the major league team, because he's blocked. But he's a perennial All-Star who will have to ride the bench because every player on that team is so much greater. It's really sad that Baltimore has advanced all of their prospects to a point where they can't even trade them. It's like wanting to buy a sandwich, but all you have is $1 million gold pieces. Oh well. 

He absolutely may make the OD roster but they probably should wait to get the extra year out of him.

That said, he more than likely doesn’t make it because they want him to become a RFer and play more at first.

The bat is 100% ready.

Just now, Tnetennba said:

No, no one is listening because Balta cares more about being right and telling everyone that he will be than accepting that it's possible for Cease to rebound.

"If you think you can get the 2022 Cease out of him, then he's worth everything you trade for him and more"

-Balta1701 clearly telling everyone that the 2022 Cease is gone. Somehow.

15 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Are you just saying things or have you maybe heard this?

I’m just saying things, but if Getz is holding to three premium prospects and there is still this much interest I think our expectations should rise some.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pale Sox said:

This thread has become one big pissing contest and it’s fucking annoying. 

Truly, this video has never been more relevant, specifically at 30 seconds.

(To our Orioles friends, Baltimore is cool, this video is just an internet classic)

• Haha 3

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic