Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

8 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I think you hit your head again

Possibly. 

However the most common reason for a concussion is not wearing an adequate mouth guard in athletics. 

But you still haven't answred the question of why you have such a set value on Cease and what GMs are willing to give up for him. 

You've stated in many posts what he is worth and what teams will or will not give up for him. 

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 2

Just now, ptatc said:

Possibly. 

But you still haven't answred the question of why you have such a set value on Cease and what GMs are willing to give up for him. 

You've stated in many posts what he is worth and what teams will or will not give up for him. 

Has any team met Getz’s price?  If a team had met his price, do you think he would have traded him?

3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You may be the dumbest person I have ever come across on a message board.  Do your parents ever let you out of the basement so that you can learn stuff?

An Orioles fan going to a White Sox message board and arguing with them over who he thinks the Sox will get for their best starting pitcher is the dumbest thing I have seen.  But alas, I don’t think you are going to last very long while you are attacking anyone and everyone on this site, just because you disagree with them.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Just now, Sports Guy said:

Has any team met Getz’s price?  If a team had met his price, do you think he would have traded him?

Just out of curiosity, if Cease was a free agent this offseason, what do you think his contract would look like? Just looking for your best guess. 

3 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

You can’t have 9 guys hitting left handed.

Link?

There are no limits on left handed savagery here. None. 

If a LHH struggles with a LHP, that's what batting practice is for. 

Work it out and get to being at least passable vs LHP. Wasn't that one of the earlier issues with Cowser that he couldn't hit LHP and then he worked on it and I read his OPS vs LHP improved quite a bit.

The answer to the LHP isn't to get righty bats in the lineup. The answer is to work on it.

I have zero qualms with 9 savages in the lineup.

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

9 minutes ago, fathom said:

You’ve somehow picked a fight with the most reserved person on this board

It's more about me being bored with no faculty or students around. I really should get back to something productive. 

I'll stop. 

1 minute ago, SoxBlanco said:

Just out of curiosity, if Cease was a free agent this offseason, what do you think his contract would look like? Just looking for your best guess. 

Less than Coby Mayo.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ptatc said:

The doctor's just made a house call!! And it's TERMINAL!!

Sorry one more. 

It's still a negotiation. The price that he is asking is still high. The price teams are offering are still low. That's what negotiations are. There isn't a single price to be met. It's searching for the best offer. As you stated earlier he is trying to get this right. 

• Like 1

Just now, WhiteSox2023 said:

An Orioles fan going to a White Sox board and arguing with them over who he thinks the Sox will get for their best starting pitcher is the dumbest thing I have seen.  But alas, I don’t think you are going to last very long while you are attacking anyone and everyone on this site, just because you disagree with them.

If you think you are being attacked because you disagree with me, you are more clueless than I thought.

You guys have gotten your panties in a bunch because I have confidence in what my team will give up. You don’t like hearing that we don’t value your player as much as you want. You have taken shot after shot at me and others when I have said I would do the deal most have said they would do and that I think Os fans underrate Cease and that we need him.  Yet, you cry about it.

So no, you aren’t being attacked because of disagreeing with me.  I welcome and enjoy the disagreement and back and forth. I came here because @Chicago White Sox came to our board and he is an intelligent poster that I have enjoyed reading his thoughts on.  

No, you are being attacked because your are dbag who deserves it to be thrown back at him.

Now, if you can attempt to talk intelligently and if you have any knowledge on the topic, I’m all ears and am more than happy to discuss it with you.  Otherwise, GFY.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

An Orioles fan going to a White Sox message board and arguing with them over who he thinks the Sox will get for their best starting pitcher is the dumbest thing I have seen.  But alas, I don’t think you are going to last very long while you are attacking anyone and everyone on this site, just because you disagree with them.

This is like going to another team's subreddit and constantly telling them how they're wrong. He would have been banned a long time ago in that situation. It would have been amusing for the first time or 2, but not when he's one of the top posters in a 180 page thread.

Also there's having a friendly convo about this and then there's telling people they're stupid for having a different opinion. You don't go on another team's board and do that.

Edited by chw42
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ptatc said:

Sorry one more. 

It's still a negotiation. The price that he is asking is still high. The price teams are offering are still low. That's what negotiations are. There isn't a single price to be met. It's searching for the best offer. As you stated earlier he is trying to get this right. 

Ok but this doesn’t answer me question..has any team committed to asking price and if they did, do you think he would have said no to his asking price or do you think he would have traded him?

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Do your parents ever let you out of the basement so that you can learn stuff?

Nice edit there guy. We may jab back and forth, but what you posted was uncool. I do hope the mods saw it.

You are showing some serious reactionary immaturity here. We are all fans and have our perspectives, but this 'everyone who disagrees with me is wrong' bit has worn thin very fast. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

We have other guys…but they aren’t as good and we have plenty of room for guys long term.  In fact, they are enhancing his versatility (something the team values) for this very reason.

He’s not being dealt for Cease.

I mean this is the whole point of what people here are trying to tell you. You're not headlining a deal for Cease with your third or lower tier of prospects (Assuming Holliday is tier 1 and Mayo is in tier 2 in this case). There needs to be a top tier talent in the package or it's not worth it for the Sox, because they can get that package or better elsewhere. We know how easy it is for these guys to bust out, and we know how important it is to load your team up with proven talent to be able to compete. You know Cease has a mid-rotation floor, and a top 5 Cy Young finisher ceiling. Every single one of your prospects can bust, or end up being just okay - we just lived through this. You also know that (in theory) the O's have a deep system with good player development, so you can absorb losing someone that hurts because you've got a pipeline to replace them, which the White Sox never had.

If you trade Mayo (assuming he's as good as you think he is, which doesn't seem to be the consensus here) or someone in his tier, you'll still have an offense full of mashers and you'll drastically upgrade your pitching staff for a postseason run for two years, and put way less reliance on everything going exactly the way you need it to with young pitching. If you hang onto him, then the White Sox probably go elsewhere to make a trade, or they just hang onto him and see what happens at the deadline. It's not like it affects our draft position, because we're picking no better than 10th no matter what we do. Yeah it probably lessens the available talent available for Cease, but if the Sox aren't getting what they want and need now it doesn't really matter that much, because there's zero guarantee any of these guys are successful, and we might just be better off taking a high end talent and a flyer at the deadline or in the winter of 2024.

And if you come back with "fine we won't get him the price is too high", then I hope you don't seriously regret it, like White Sox fans regret not signing Harper or Machado.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

You're obstinately ignoring what's actually being said in the press. Getz asked high, then said they would wait until the major free agents came off the board. Of course nobody's met that price, yet (that we have a pretty good idea what the pie in the sky price was from the Reds' leak). Now that the market is down to pretty much Snell and Monty, talks are heating up again, and we're starting to get rumors again. That's not really an answer to the good doctor's question of how you seem to know what teams are offering and how high they'll go. 

You keep accusing people of misrepresenting what you've said, but you've said so much in the last week, I couldn't really tell you what you actually are saying. You're arguing with everybody on everything, even stuff I seem to remember you previously conceding.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

Ok but this doesn’t answer me question..has any team committed to asking price and if they did, do you think he would have said no to his asking price or do you think he would have traded him?

No, as I said he is trying to get the best offer. If they met what he was asking for, he would come back and say "the other team just upped their offer can you add another piece." 

He runs the risk of the other teams acquiring someone else but right now there is no reason to accept an offer. Even one he thinks is good. 

• Like 2

Honestly, I think they’re waiting for the three big remaining lefties to sign before starting true negotiations 

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic