Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

31 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe…just depends on if they feel he can start.  While left-handed setup men are obviously valuable, they aren’t important to kick off a rebuild.

Rick Hahn after reading this post:

200w.gif?cid=82a1493bblz56vhsedzf4ggg8qz

• Haha 6

If the Sox were smart—they wouldn’t go after any players from Baltimore and instead try to acquire the guys in charge of drafting and developing Baltimore’s prospects.  That would likely pay off more in the long run.  Give a guy a fish/teach a guy to fish…

43 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Maybe…just depends on if they feel he can start.  While left-handed setup men are obviously valuable, they aren’t important to kick off a rebuild.

With how cheap Jerry is and how far away the Sox are from competing, I doubt they want any players whose service time has already started, however minimal.

If the Sox were to take Hall back in a trade, I’m sure they would immediately try to convert him back to a starter in the minors but it looks like the Orioles made him a reliever because he was too walky in the first place.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, FT35 said:

If the Sox were smart—they wouldn’t go after any players from Baltimore and instead try to acquire the guys in charge of drafting and developing Baltimore’s prospects.  That would likely pay off more in the long run.  Give a guy a fish/teach a guy to fish…

JR feels he knows best and/or loves to meddle. 

Theoretically, if you could build a consistent winner with 70m payrolls he should LOVE that, but he's a baseball dinosaur and can't resist controlling things. 

2 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I feel like the Sox probably want the best 2 pieces in a deal to be a position player and pitcher. 3rd, and possibly 4th, pieces can be farther away.

He'll definitely look for 2 LHH if he can get them.

There was something he said at his press conference that went pretty much unnoticed when asked about improving the offense. Getz said there was a "handedness issue" which I took to mean that they need more lefties among the position players.

1 hour ago, FT35 said:

While true, I’ll take the fish while Jerry is still ticking

20 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

There was something he said at his press conference that went pretty much unnoticed when asked about improving the offense. Getz said there was a "handedness issue" which I took to mean that they need more lefties among the position players.

Either hand… or both… work fine for me. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sure, WAY too right-handed, and Grandal's already out.

Moncada will soon be next.   Sheets SHOULD be out of the picture but god knows what becomes of him this year.

Benintendi also doesn't have enough pop to matter all that much on the power side of things.  At best a 10-15 homer guy at this point in his career, and maybe still in single figures like 2023.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

@Rolle Tide's trade idea on the O's board

Orioles get Cease and Robert 

Padres get Hays/Mullins, Mountcastle, Urias, and Baumann

White Sox …. Cowser, Ortiz, Snelling/Lesko, Zavala, Bradfield Jr., Thorpe, Norby. 

I don’t see Jackson Holliday, Coby Mayo, Basallo, or Kjerstad in that trade. That’s a big hell no from me dawg

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It really lacks any sense of reality.

It also makes no sense at all for the Padres, as they need pitching and would be getting a bunch of outfielders while losing their top pitching prospect.

• Like 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 locked and unlocked this topic
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic