Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

Just now, GreenSox said:

Well if they Yankees are in with a new and improved offer and it still doesn't include Jones, their (and others') earlier offers were probably a lot weaker than suspected.

As for Jones, some rank him highly; others (Law) don't.  I suspect that the Sox do.

I also don't see a lot of other Yankees prospects that are particularly compelling. 

You don’t like Arias?

10 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

You have no idea who the top 100 prospect could be, or the rest?

What if it's Cowser, Bradfield, McDermott, and Povich? That would be a helluva return and technically fit the scenario Guff laid out.

There is no reason to get upset with such a broad framework of a rumored trade.

Yeah it's a weird statement to make without knowing who it is haha

11 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We have all the leverage. No reason to rush anything. If he has good value now he'll have excellent value in a few months. Put him in bubble wrap.

I listen to alot of radio so I know you need to dump the bubble wrap and store him in a Star Case

Just now, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

I believe Y2Jimbo has vouched for him in the past and I believe he's had some nuggets.  I'm a pal of Pal.

Gotcha. I just don't remember him breaking anything. I was drawing a blank.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’re really going all in on this position despite the new bidding war for Cease

You guys are really going all in on "this time they're totally actually insiders and not making stuff up at all, I'm sure it's totally real this time and there's an actual bidding war this time." 

39 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I like McGuffey but dude clearly doesn’t have any idea what fair value would be for a guy like Cease, unless that top 100 prospect or more like a 20 guy.

McGuffey is not as baseball clueless as Chuck but he’s still pretty clueless if you listen to him on their podcast.  He was on the Puig for RF hype train along with Chuck.  They are both old school meatball fans, but at least they have the balls to rip the Sox a bit unlike most of the ass-kissing Chicago sports media guys.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

You guys are really going all in on "this time they're totally actually insiders and not making stuff up at all, I'm sure it's totally real this time and there's an actual bidding war this time." 

Maybe they know something, maybe they don't. Feels like there is something going on though with how this is blowing up again.

What I really can't stand is the "insiders" with their emojis or vague comments and refusing to elaborate. So when something does happen they can then say "told ya so" and if nothing happens no sweat they didn't say anything in detail.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, T R U said:

Maybe they know something, maybe they don't. Feels like there is something going on though with how this is blowing up again.

What I really can't stand is the "insiders" with their emojis or vague comments and refusing to elaborate. So when something does happen they can then say "told ya so" and if nothing happens no sweat they didn't say anything in detail.

Exactly!  Like saying the team that is interested is not a specific team.  What harm could possibly be done by naming the actual team that has interest?  I really don’t buy that the outing of a trade and the players involved is going to get the trade cancelled.  The Quintana trade was scooped a day earlier and it didn’t get the trade cancelled.  All this strategy does is not out the supposed “insider” as someone with no sources, as they can say whatever vague BS that anyone else could.

9 minutes ago, T R U said:

They also know that no one will judge them if they're wrong, it will never be held against them. They will get all the attention, then wait 3 weeks, then do it again. 

This has happened a half dozen times this offseason from the same posters! It's why this is such a long thread. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Exactly!  Like saying the team that is interested is not a specific team.  What harm could possibly be done by naming the actual team that has interest?  I really don’t buy that the outing of a trade and the players involved is going to get the trade cancelled.  The Quintana trade was scooped a day earlier and it didn’t get the trade cancelled.  All this strategy does is not out the supposed “insider” as someone with no sources, as they can say whatever vague BS that anyone else could.

All I did was post open eyeballs, that meant my eyeballs were open while looking at my phone! It's not my fault you guys interpreted that differently!

18 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

McGuffey is not as baseball clueless as Chuck but he’s still pretty clueless if you listen to him on their podcast.  He was on the Puig for RF hype train along with Chuck.  They are both old school meatball fans, but at least they have the balls to rip the Sox a bit unlike most of the ass-kissing Chicago sports media guys.

To be fair to Guff, he did break the return of SoxFest news before anyone else, and that is possibly why the Sox had to randomly announce it themselves instead of revealing it at the Season Ticket holders event they held like the next day.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

All I did was post open eyeballs, that meant my eyeballs were open while looking at my phone! It's not my fault you guys interpreted that differently!

The strategy is so pathetically obvious, I can’t believe people beg these supposed “insiders” for any morsel of news that they more than likely don’t have.  They throw out some short vague bullshit that will only ever make them look like they have sources but it never includes enough details that they will ever be truly wrong.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I'm not claiming to be a source but I'm hearing that a package centered around Ohtani and Betts with 500 million headed to Chicago is being floated for Dylan Cease.

Just getting that out there, again, not claiming to be a source.

Goes directly against Harold saying it's NOT the Rangers, so at least we can s%*# on SOMEONE! 😆

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic