Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I can see the pro surgery people exloding as we speak.

Well, I didn’t see when the date of his appointment with the surgeon is from the NY Post article.  It could be that they are assuming 1-2 months of rest right now as the best case scenario but his appointment could be sooner rather than later and the doctor could recommend surgery, which may override the 1-2 months of rest.

23 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I don't get excited about Arias. We have a lot of SS prospects right now.

I was just reading about a team (I think SD) whose entire starting line up outside of C and SP were all former SS prospects who were moved to other positions at some point to get them into the line up.

• Like 2

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

I was just reading about a team (I think SD) whose entire starting line up outside of C and SP were all former SS prospects who were moved to other positions at some point to get them into the line up.

Yep. Can’t have too many. Especially if it sounds like Montgomery could move to 3B one day.

• Like 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Yep.

I can't imagine not being interested in up the middle talent. They find places to play.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DirtySox said:

Yep.

I can't imagine not being interested in up the middle talent. They find places to play.

Like, don't most non 1B or C prospects start out as SS? If they are athletic enough to play SS, and the bat plays, finding a spot at another position isn't difficult.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Like, don't most non 1B or C prospects start out as SS? If they are athletic enough to play SS, and the bat plays, finding a spot at another position isn't difficult.

There are plenty of prospects who are drafted at places like CF or 3B and developed the whole way through the system as such.  It's just if a SS fails you have more options to go with them.  If a 1B fails, not so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I wonder if that means we were looking for a volume deal in lieu of Jones, or if that means those were some of the names discussed.  That could be taken either way.

Volume deal

20 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah I would always take SS, those are usually one of the best athletes. That and CF.

• Heads22 changed the title to Cease To Padres per Passan
  • Heads22 pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic