Cease To Padres per Passan

Chicago White Sox

12 hours ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Yeah they will 

Flip the script, (assuming Sox were competitive) would you trade Carson Montgomery and Noah Schultz for 2 years of Cease?

Now maybe if a team has 4 top 100s, they might, but I think it'll be a top 15 and a young guy already in mlb (plus prospects).

Just now, SoxFest23 said:

Flip the script, (assuming Sox were competitive) would you trade Carson Montgomery and Noah Schultz for 2 years of Cease?

Now maybe if a team has 4 top 100s, they might, but I think it'll be a top 15 and a young guy already in mlb (plus prospects).

Just keep in mind Colson is basically a top 15 guy, Schulz top 30.

So there is a difference between “two top 100 guys” and “two top 30” guys.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SoxFest23 said:

No I wouldn’t but some teams could offer the 65th best in baseball and someone in the 90’s for example 

Sox need outfielders.  Colas is the only real prospect, and he's on the Padro Sh list.
Sox have Ramos, Montgomery and a bunch on the 40-man re infielders.
Catching is really a defensive position and you can find those guys; a lot of the hyped catching prospects are hyped more for their hitting than their receiving.
And of course, can always use pitching; but so can the Dodgers, so a bit leery of the pitching prospects.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Just keep in mind Colson is basically a top 15 guy, Schulz top 30.

So there is a difference between “two top 100 guys” and “two top 30” guys.

I don't think Schultz will be to 30, probably to 50. 

I guess it depends on what top 100 list we are referring to. I'll stick to mlb.com list since it's free and accurate enough.

If Sox trade him for the 50th and 95th prospects, I'd be disappointed. Rather have a top 15-20, and a young guy already playing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

No I wouldn’t but some teams could offer the 65th best in baseball and someone in the 90’s for example 

I think Sox need a better headliner than that. That’d be pretty disappointing for 2 cheap years of Cease unless there was another solid piece in there. Colas was a backend top 100 prospect a year ago and most of this fanbase is ready to be done with him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I think Sox need a better headliner than that. That’d be pretty disappointing for 2 cheap years of Cease unless there was another solid piece in there. Colas was a backend top 100 prospect a year ago and most of this fanbase is ready to be done with him. 

I agree, 1 top 25 and a top 50 at minimum in order to deal him 

22 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

10 minutes ago, Rey21 said:

I agree, 1 top 25 and a top 50 at minimum in order to deal him 

Massively overvaluing this guy.

2 hours ago, striker said:

I’m gonna go with “new White Sox GM playing with the press, trying to see if he can drive more interest with a leak.”

34 minutes ago, SoxFest23 said:

I don't think Schultz will be to 30, probably to 50. 

I guess it depends on what top 100 list we are referring to. I'll stick to mlb.com list since it's free and accurate enough.

If Sox trade him for the 50th and 95th prospects, I'd be disappointed. Rather have a top 15-20, and a young guy already playing.

Noah Schultz is #31 on Baseball America

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

If Cease doesn't have value for a top 25 prospect ++ then you keep him and enable him to rebuild that value. Simple as.

I agree, I understand they’re not going to re-sign him but I’m not trading him for anything less. 

The LAD thing is interesting....but they aren't as good of a fit for us as BAL is. Maybe we leaked it to Bob to pressure Elias to let go of certain people.

Getz said they want to focus on defense and athleticism...Busch is a butcher in the field and Rushing the Savage is a bat first player and somewhat duplicative with Quero. I like both players alot but it doesn't seem like this is what Getz wants.

I feel this is more about leaking to pressure BAL.

6 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

The LAD thing is interesting....but they aren't as good of a fit for us as BAL is. Maybe we leaked it to Bob to pressure Elias to let go of certain people.

Getz said they want to focus on defense and athleticism...Busch is a butcher in the field and Rushing the Savage is a bat first player and somewhat duplicative with Quero. I like both players alot but it doesn't seem like this is what Getz wants.

I feel this is more about leaking to pressure BAL.

Getz said they need pitching too. Sox, Orioles and Dodgers also line up nice for a three way, if sox prefer position players