Sox winter fest?...

Lip Man 1

According to Merkin:

"I’ve heard there will be a White Sox winter activity, somewhat akin to SoxFest. There’s no date or locale I’ve been told."

Depending on what this is exactly I'll give the organization credit if they finally have the guts to stand up and face the fans. 

14 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

According to Merkin:

"I’ve heard there will be a White Sox winter activity, somewhat akin to SoxFest. There’s no date or locale I’ve been told."

Depending on what this is exactly I'll give the organization credit if they finally have the guts to stand up and face the fans. 

Can't imagine anyone wanting to go to it.

• Like 1

They had one of these in the 1990s at the ballpark. I believe it was after the strike. I looked it up. They called it Winter Warm Up at the ballpark. It was held February 11+ 12, 1995. It was a mini Soxfest.I still have the program from it. It was a good time. I hope they have it again.

Edited by WBWSF

2 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

If it's cheap and there is booze and decent food I'll go.

I haven't been to SoxFest, but if there is a "Winter Fest" or whatever on a smaller scale with lower prices and, as you said, alcohol and food, I'd check it out.

I will give the Sox credit if they have a fest.  It would be really easy for them to "wait one more year" or just stop doing it altogether.  They may hear it from the fans...check that, they WILL hear it from the fans, and they need to hear it.

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I’m surprised. Last year they used the excuse during the season that due to circumstances it was way too late to book a venue. Now, apparently they will be able to get one even starting to look months later. 

They shouldn't need too big of a space....Brooks is calling around to the VFW halls in the area.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I’m surprised. Last year they used the excuse during the season that due to circumstances it was way too late to book a venue. Now, apparently they will be able to get one even starting to look months later. 

If they're talking about anything beyond the meeting room at the Holiday Inn Express down the street, they're right, it would be impossible to plan and book a venue in 2 months. Typically this takes >12 months to plan for a full event.

They'd basically have to use the stadium and its facilities somehow.

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

They had one of these in the 1990s at the ballpark. I believe it was after the strike. I looked it up. They called it Winter Warm Up at the ballpark. It was held February 11+ 12, 1995. It was a mini Soxfest.I still have the program from it. It was a good time. I hope they have it again.

Feels almost like similar circumstances going from 1993 through strike to 1995 and where the Sox went from the TA FoD walkoff and where they currently stand as of today.

Doubt Salvy Perez would even leave his winter home for that one unless it was a KC-hosted fan even because he's still so beloved there despite the fading utility of his contract as a declining player in late stage career.

Edited by caulfield12

12 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Only the Sox would hold a fan fest event at the ballpark, outside, and in the coldest month of the year. 

At this point I'm expecting them to let everyone line up, keep the doors locked, then announce after a couple hours that the fest is canceled.  All while Jerry watches the chaos from behind the tinted windows of a running limousine across the parking lot. Possibly masturbating  

• Haha 4

On 11/14/2023 at 2:47 PM, WBWSF said:

I was there.  Got to go inside the Sox clubhouse and on the field behind home plate.  Got Hawk and Wimpy's autographs.

Man, was it cold that day.  🥶