Ohtani Watch: Dodgers sign - 700M over 10yrs

caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

It’s not already that way?

We’ve been in Florida 30 years and yes when I do return to visit relatives I’ve noticed that the Cubs get most of the air time. It’s not new and I remember it was that way in the starting in 1982 when the Tribune bought the Cubs and Harry Caray became the Cubs TV play by play guy however the Sox did become the first Chicago baseball team to draw 2 million in 1983. The Sox became a little bit more relevant in the early 90s with the new stadium and good teams but except for 1991 the Cubs have out drawn the Sox 99% of the time even in 2005 and 2006. Trouble with the Sox down through the years was never being able to sustain long periods of great teams unless you go back to the 17 straight winning seasons in the GO GO era and even then because of the Yankees they only made it to the World Series one time in 1959. 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Ohtani Watch: Dodgers sign - 700M over 10yrs
1 minute ago, Eminor3rd said:

The dodgers now have a player paid nearly 10x the highest contract the White Sox have given lol

Comparable market size 

I am hoping this signing is the move where Jerry calls a board meeting and says it is time to exit baseball and they put the team up for sale. 

• Like 5