MLB 2024 Draft Lottery - Sox pick #5

South Side Hit Men

Just now, ron883 said:

Am I reading correctly that we had the 4th worst record but got the 5th pick? Not great, but not a huge deal. The rule for next year's pick sucks ass though. 

This is the correct take. They are pretty much picking where they should be. Would have been nice to be top 3 or outside of 6, but luck is a fickle mistress. Such is life.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Am I reading correctly that we had the 4th worst record but got the 5th pick? Not great, but not a huge deal. The rule for next year's pick sucks ass though. 

it sucks because the White Sox will suck as bad or worse in 2024, but cannot pick i believe above number 10 (like Washington) for 2025 based on the rules, as the Sox are not a revenue sharing ballclub.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 2

Just now, DirtySox said:

This is the correct take. They are pretty much picking where they should be. Would have been nice to be top 3 or outside of 6, but luck is a fickle mistress. Such is life.

If they were outside of 6, could they still get a top 10 pick next year?

1 minute ago, ron883 said:

Ive always wondered if the Sox crowd will cheer up on news of Reinsdorf croaking. 

I think the answer to that is an overwhelming yes….. but on the other note it just shows karma is a b**** for an owner who doesn’t want to spend money. No top 3 pick for you lol

7 minutes ago, scotty22hotty said:

What a bust. Might as well add to payroll to fill 1yr holes and try to build a 3rd place team.

Yeah at this point. Oops, already filled a couple holes with Paul DeJong, Mike Soroka, and possibly Erick Fedde.

Fill the rest of the team with high AAV 1-2 year deals.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

2 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

I will be throwing a party, I was a fan before him and will be after him.!

I wish the fans would take it to a new level and make "sell the team" and "f*** you Jerry" regular chants

Edited by ron883
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I wish the fans would take it to a new level and make "sell the team" and "f*** you Jerry" regular chants

It’s going to be a very overall weird situation and I am fairly sure a large portion of Sox and Bulls fans will be called heartless callous etc, and I am fairly sure they will not care.  Right or wrong 

I think the Sox fan base's cynicism has reached a new level that hasn't been seen before in the last 30 yrs, i wouldnt be surprised if more front office firings happen in 2024, it's gonna be a s%*# show and I think the ballpark will more than reflect it. it'll be even worse than 2023

can you dig it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Quin changed the title to MLB 2024 Draft Lottery - Sox pick #5