Sox select John Schriffen to be TV PbP announcer

fathom

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

Well the Red Sox are advertising for a radio play by play guy

If this is true Flemming may have already told them he has the job. 

UPDATE: Checked with a source and they said the red Sox are claiming it is for a back up announcer (depth). Maybe true, maybe not.

Edited by Lip Man 1

Is there any doubt that Monaco talked to Benetti about this shitshow of a gig and immediately took his name out of the hat?

Connor McKnight?  Seriously?  This tool gets to the finals?  Good god.

I don’t even like Benetti all that much but I’d rather watch him eat than listen to these three tools.

Reinsdorf, never change, you douche.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Is there any doubt that Monaco talked to Benetti about this shitshow of a gig and immediately took his name out of the hat?

Wouldn't surprise me if word got around amongst PBP people, and if anyone had other opportunities, they went in that direction. This has dragged on long enough that I have to imagine these finalists have had to do a song and dance to please JR. 

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I don’t even like Benetti all that much but I’d rather watch him eat than listen to these three tools.

You’re seeing a big push for McKnight by all the local media guys now 

I said it before, I’ll say it again, Connor McKnight is a poor man’s Chip Caray. But whatever. You had to figure this worldwide search would lead to him once Monaco realized he had the same issues as Benetti, although he may eat his meatball sandwich a little more graciously.

But Connor will kiss Brooks ring, and that’s the most important thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

8 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

It's possible. But the reporting says he pulled his name out due to scheduling issues with espn. I mean it's ridiculous, get a clue Brooks. Having a national guy is GOOD for the team. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, fathom said:

The local push actually started months ago.  I thought it was going to be Monaco for sure so I wasn’t too worried about it, but once I heard tools like Lawrence Holmes and Dan Bernstein hyping up McKnight for the job just because he was a Score guy, I started getting worried.  McKnight is terrible.

7 hours ago, fathom said:

McKnight has always been good to me. The other two guys are more qualified but I’d be fine with whoever. It’s a short-sighted decision regardless. I wonder if Jerry will have watch all of them eat and see which one he’s least offended by? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

The local push actually started months ago.  I thought it was going to be Monaco for sure so I wasn’t too worried about it, but once I heard tools like Lawrence Holmes and Dan Bernstein hyping up McKnight for the job just because he was a Score guy, I started getting worried.  McKnight is terrible.

Benetti to McKnight is definitely a step down in quality, but there are worse announcers out there. It’s not ideal IMO, but it could be much much worse. Imagine a Len Kasper Gordon Beckham pairing full time… 😵😵

Connor McKnight might be a bland flavor of vanilla, but I’ll take him over the KC’s, LAA’s, TB’s of the announcing world. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Benetti to McKnight is definitely a step down in quality, but there are worse announcers out there. It’s not ideal IMO, but it could be much much worse. Imagine a Len Kasper Gordon Beckham pairing full time… 😵😵

Connor McKnight might be a bland flavor of vanilla, but I’ll take him over the KC’s, LAA’s, TB’s of the announcing world. 

Whoever mentioned it could be worse is right I guess.  Someone said at least it’s not Zach Zaidman and they were spot on.  I have no idea how that guy has a career in broadcasting.  Worst monotone and boring voice of all time.

• Like 1

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Sox select John Schriffen to be TV PbP announcer