Sox select John Schriffen to be TV PbP announcer

fathom

12 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

They've spent more time "searching" for a new PBP person than they have their last 5 managers and the current GM combined. Wonder what hoops they are making them jump through for it to take so long.

“While continuing to speak into the microphone, please consume this pulled pork mac and cheese funnel cake sandwich atop a slab of baby back ribs, during which you must display an unattainable level of elegance and sophistication.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Paper Bag 1

6 hours ago, Snopek said:

“While continuing to speak into the microphone, please consume this pulled pork mac and cheese funnel cake sandwich atop a slab of baby back ribs, during which you must display an unattainable level of elegance and sophistication.”

If your basic job qualification is to be able to talk out of both sides of your mouth, replacing one of those sides with food intake seems like a logical next step.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Great article.  Like I said, I have no doubt Monaco talked to Benetti and then wanted nothing to do with the job.  These are the leftovers.  A guy like Connor McKnight definitely isn’t going to do any better and will be willing to work for tyrants.

7 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Please, just not McKnight. He's so, so boring. 

I REALLY wanted Monaco, but Brooks and Jerry don't like their PBP having national prominence, apparently. 🤷

Agreed, but Monaco isn’t stupid.  He wasn’t going to put himself in the exact same position as Benetti.

On 1/20/2024 at 8:59 AM, SCCWS said:

I am surprised that a Royal's announcer would't be involved in this position. Many of the White Sox have former ties to KC. ..............................................

Steve Physioc was a Royals announcer and very dull. Are these 3 finalists guys who use a Wink Martendale announcer voice? Are Sox for the first time gonna have one of those guys? I want conversation not awful monotone deep voiced homerism with most of the game a commercial for the homestand. 'Make sure to get your tickets.' .... ugh.

• Hawk 1

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Meh.  We'll see I guess.

Looks like this is his first real announcing job aside from minor stuff like covid KBO games. Benetti didn't have *much more* experience when he came in but did have the minor league background.

None of the finalists excited me, but I know the least about this guy so that means the most room to grow. Hopefully it works out and this guy is worth a shot.

• southsider2k5 changed the title to Sox select John Schriffen to be TV PbP announcer