John Brebbia signs with Sox, Romy DFA'd/claimed by Red Sox

Fielder Jones

20 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Fine signing, but where are the bats? 

I would guess right before spring training. Alot of the guys we've been discussing for right field are still on the market. 

6 minutes ago, Baron said:

I would guess right before spring training. Alot of the guys we've been discussing for right field are still on the market. 

They already told us they think the lineup is set besides outfield.

• Like 1
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

No they didn’t? I still don’t think Lopez is the OD 2B 

Are you suggesting a veteran 2B addition?  I really can’t see it.  I think Lopez is the guy come OD with Sosa, Shoemake, & Popeye eventually pushing him for the spot.  That is unless somehow we add Westburg in a Cease trade.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Are you suggesting a veteran 2B addition?  I really can’t see it.  I think Lopez is the guy come OD with Sosa, Shoemake, & Popeye eventually pushing him for the spot.  That is unless somehow we add Westburg in a Cease trade.

I still think it’ll end up being Merrifield 

• Paper Bag 2

3 hours ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Any Cease implications here? Or completely independent? Adding another $5.5M arm sure seems like they’re still trying to reinforce the pitching side of things for when Cease is traded.

these are guys who they might be able to flip at the deadline

This is already my fourth favorite White Sox team over the past 30 years behind in order 2005, 2020 and 2006. 

They are underrated, will win 70 plus games assuming Cease is here to start the season, and will be a lot more enjoyable to watch on the field and support on and off the field.

Disappointed I haven’t found a sports book here to bet over White Sox wins (62-64), but am trying my final few days.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This is already my fourth favorite White Sox team over the past 30 years behind in order 2005, 2020 and 2006. 

They are underrated, will win 70 plus games assuming Cease is here to start the season, and will be a lot more enjoyable to watch on the field and support on and off the field.

Disappointed I haven’t found a sports book here to bet over White Sox wins (62-64), but am trying my final few days.

You are easily impressed.  The team sucks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Only 2.1 career fWAR behind Eloy.

5.3 to 3.2

Andrew Vaughn has somehow managed a cumulative -0.5 for his career.

Just think if we calculated WAR based on the actual replacement level of our next guy in line for the Sox. We might have a positive WAR

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

You are easily impressed.  The team sucks.

A 70 win team isn’t exactly the long term pinnacle I ultimately would like to see.

That said, I am happy for:

• Current players + roster invitees.
  • A new Front Office.
  • Better fundamentals, defense and desire.
  • Being closer to the next championship with Hahn gone; and Jerry + TLR another year closer to being gone.
  • New FO and field management in the organization.

It’s not realistic to clean up this toxic mess in a single offseason, especially after what Jerry, Hahn, Kenny and Boyer have done to decimate the fan base over the past 15 years.

So with this signing, what do we think the bullpen will look like on OD?  My assumption is there are only a handful of locks and there will competition for many spots.

• CL: Santos
  • SU: Brebbia
  • SU: Leasure
  • MR: Garcia
  • MR: Hill*
  • MR: TBD
  • MR: Drohan*
  • LR: Toussaint

Honestly, I’m not even sure I can come up with eight dudes that warrant looks next year.  Hopefully that TBD spot is filled by a non-roster invite because the internal options loo rough.  And don’t feel good about using Leasure in a high leverage role, but again, the options are limited here.  At least Jordan has the stuff needed to be successful in that role.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

So with this signing, what do we think the bullpen will look like on OD?  My assumption is there are only a handful of locks and there will competition for many spots.

• CL: Santos
  • SU: Brebbia
  • SU: Leasure
  • MR: Garcia
  • MR: Hill*
  • MR: TBD
  • MR: Drohan*
  • LR: Toussaint

Honestly, I’m not even sure I can come up with eight dudes that warrant looks next year.  Hopefully that TBD spot is filled by a non-roster invite because the internal options loo rough.  And don’t feel good about using Leasure in a high leverage role, but again, the options are limited here.  At least Jordan has the stuff needed to be successful in that role.

Barlow probably makes it.

edit: especially if Santos misses time. Does anyone even know if he’s hurt? I’ve seen like one person here suggest he may be injured and has no value but I haven’t really seen anything myself.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

Going off the current roster / invitees:

x = player with minor league options

Rotation:

1. Dylan Cease x
  2. Michael Kopech x
  3. Erick Fedde
  4. Michael Soroka
  5. Chris Flexen

Bullpen:

• John Brebbia
  • Tanner Banks x
  • Tim Hill
  • Deivi Garcia
  • Jimmy Lambert
  • Lane Ramsey x
  • Shane Drohan (Rule 5) x
  • Touki Toussaint (Swingman)

Injured Reserve:

• Matt Foster x
  • Davis Martin x
  • Gregory Santos x

Open season in AAA: (All x) Cousin, Crochet, Eder, Leasure, Mena, Nastrini, Peralta, Scholtens, Shuster, Speas

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• southsider2k5 changed the title to John Brebbia signs with Sox, Romy DFA'd/claimed by Red Sox