ST Thread

pcq

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

Two weeks in. I wonder if anybody is close to being cut. They're playing B games every day that aren't reported on. So can't really tell who is just cooked or not. 

Yes, it’s unusual that there’s only about 17 days until they know who’s going north, and there’s still around 70 players in big league camp. 5 of the next 6 games are away from Glendale, so maybe they’ll just wait until next week to clear a ton of players out. 

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

Two weeks in. I wonder if anybody is close to being cut. They're playing B games every day that aren't reported on. So can't really tell who is just cooked or not. 

Half the roster is already cooked, but they still have to field a team.  🤣

• Paper Bag 1

25 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I think their editor is drunk.

1. Erick Redde, RHP

Sure, it's the NL Central, and it's possible the Sox enjoy a gathering of miracles and get to a win total in the 80s and thus matter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This front office really hates Oscar, damn. 

I think it's more that he just needs a good half season in the minors with some intense learning. Either fielding, managing the strike zone or getting 1B reps. 

The 1B reps are the most telling to me. Either they don't see a RFer when they look at him, or they're lining up 5 bench lefty hitters to make Sheetz expendable to somebody. 

• Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

15 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This front office really hates Oscar, damn. 

To be fair he has done nothing on the field that makes him a roster certainty. He is only hitting 3/16 in ST and last season after he wnet down to AAA he was hardly stellar.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

He's making a list, checking it twice....

Naughty: Colas, Cousin, Eder, Lee, Mena, Rodriguez, Sosa

Nice: Brebbia, Chavez, DeJong, Pillar, Hill, Maldonado. Moustakis, Ortega, Payton, Stassi

Sosa?

4 hours ago, Chimpton said:

To be fair he has done nothing on the field that makes him a roster certainty. He is only hitting 3/16 in ST and last season after he wnet down to AAA he was hardly stellar.

While true, what exactly has Sheets done to have a virtual lock on a roster spot? Other than be worse at everything?

If suddenly guys need to earn a roster spot through merit, then, um, there are quite a few names on the list that would be way ahead of poor Oscar. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

While true, what exactly has Sheets done to have a virtual lock on a roster spot? Other than be worse at everything?

If suddenly guys need to earn a roster spot through merit, then, um, there are quite a few names on the list that would be way ahead of poor Oscar. 

Definitely you are right about Sheets, and Colas could get a season of experience to show what he can do in the MLB on a team that isnt under pressure. We already know Sheets can't do it at MLB level especially as a RF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1