ST Thread

pcq

3 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’ve been assuming all along the bench is Stassi, Mendick, Pillar, and Moustakas or Sheets. 

Same. This just seems to confirm it. Although, Fletcher continuing to not hit could make it interesting.

(gulps at the thought of Moose making the bench and Sheets platooning in RF to start the year)

Edited by Bob Sacamano

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yep, gotta have that veteran bench.

I’m usually ok with this if it means the younger guys are playing every day in the minors. But in this case, you would think Sosa would be able to take away playing time from Lopez or DeJong if he hit well in his limited playing time.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, flavum said:

I’ve been assuming all along the bench is Stassi, Mendick, Pillar, and Moustakas or Sheets. 

Im no Mous guy, but may as well use Sheets option and let Moustakas have a run at it. We’ve seen what Sheets can do, and it sucks. He’ll find his way back to the roster before long. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I’m usually ok with this if it means the younger guys are playing every day in the minors. But in this case, you would think Sosa would be able to take away playing time from Lopez or DeJong if he hit well in his limited playing time.

DeJong has been pretty awful this spring, but that won't stop them from keeping him around over a more deserving kid. We're damned to endure a season of washed up bad because Pedro needs a security blanket.

• TLR 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

Im no Mous guy, but may as well use Sheets option and let Moustakas have a run at it. We’ve seen what Sheets can do, and it sucks. He’ll find his way back to the roster before long. 

Only way I can see Sheets making the team out of ST, injuries aside, would be they decide he won the LHH RF spot with his bat over Fletcher. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Seems like they aren't even going to entertain the notion of a younger player like Colas or Sosa getting some playing time to start the year.

It's not like those guys are super studs banging down the door but it's still off putting to see such a commitment, even so far in spring, to getting vets at bats. Would it really harm anybody to have gotten Colas and Sosa and Ramos and others some more camp ABs against hopeful MLB players instead of going back to the back fields?

Whatever. Just make sure some of these guys are getting playing time in MLB by mid summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Only way I can see Sheets making the team out of ST, injuries aside, would be they decide he won the LHH RF spot with his bat over Fletcher. 

It would be SO White Sox to talk about improving the defense all winter only to award Sheets the starting RF job.

• Like 2
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

46 minutes ago, flavum said:

Since they seem to want to go with all these ex-White Sox guys, why not bring in Adam Engel and Kevan Smith, too. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Sure hope not. I’d literally rather see any of Fletcher, Colas or DeLoach over Sheets in RF. And yes, I know 2 of them have already been optioned. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

DeJong has been pretty awful this spring, but that won't stop them from keeping him around over a more deserving kid. We're damned to endure a season of washed up bad because Pedro needs a security blanket.

Hasn’t DeJong been good with the bad this Spring?  Not that I expect him to hit in the regular season.  If you are referring to his defense this spring, I have no idea.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, flavum said:

Imagine being a time traveler in Spring of 2020 and seeing that this would likley be the White Sox bench come Spring training 2024. 

Is it still mind boggling that Chris Getz is the General Manager of this team. The dude failed upwards so bad. 

• TLR 1

5 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Hasn’t DeJong been good with the bad this Spring?  Not that I expect him to hit in the regular season.  If you are referring to his defense this spring, I have no idea.

Yeah he’s actually hit fine this spring.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I recall him hitting a homer the other day when he was DHing. The games I've seen him play he's been pretty brutal on both sides of the plate. Maybe the overall numbers say he's been better, IDK.

3 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I recall him hitting a homer the other day when he was DHing. The games I've seen him play he's been pretty brutal on both sides of the plate. Maybe the overall numbers say he's been better, IDK.

He has 2 home runs so he has an .856 OPS in recorded spring games. 

8 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Well s%*#. I still hate that DeJong will be the starting SS, and I doubt the offense carries over, but he's been far better with the bat than I thought.

DeJong is a shitty placeholder.  When Monty is ready, he can be benched, cut, or played less.

• Like 2

So, Cease is gone. What is our starting rotation?

• Fedde
  • Kopech
  • Soroka
  • Flexen
  • Our unhittable pitcher this spring has been Crochet. I see him getting some three inning starts up to a certain number of innings. 
  • And Nastrini, whom I think has looked great in ST

Really the per