ST Thread

pcq

14 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Checkmark on the first one.  Not so much on the second and third.  I guess I thought a Sox message board would be where you go to talk about the team, during good times and bad.  When they won the WS in 2005, I’m sure everything was positive.  When a team sucks, it should be expected that people discuss the suckitude and the terrible owner.

I mean if you are going to catch feelings over Pillar, you should expect that to also generate discussion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GreenSox said:

I have no idea who will make it. 
But from what I've seen, Lee should make it over Stassi; Mendick would be ridiculous.  As for Kopech, yes he was good out of the pen in 2021; but he was good as a starter in 2022.  I'm not sure that the the pen is the magic salve. 

I didn’t realize DeJong was primarily a 3B before here,  so Mendick might not make it. Mendick can still cover all three INF spots (like Sosa), plus late game out of players corner OF for limited games, so his flexibility  might still help him make the team.

Who would be your three preferred non catcher reserves?

I’d replace Mendick with Shewmake with this new to me information if Shewmake is healthy.

Also hope Lee, Colas and Sosa come up and play regularly early in the season to assess if they can contribute in the future.

Total Games Played at 3B - All Levels

Total Games Player (Starts)

40 Man Roster

1. 549 Moncada (541)
  2. 276 DeJong (177)
  3. 249 Ramos (248) AA
  4. 115 Lopez (45)
  5. 59 Sosa (52) AAA
  6. 26 Rodriguez (21) AAA
  7. 11 Lee (7) AAA
  8. 3 Maldonado (0)
  9. 2 Vaughn (1)
  10. 2 Shewmake (0)
  11. 1 Sheets (0)

Remaining NRI Players

1. 497 Remillard (266)
  2. 132 Mendick (116)
  3. 88 Elko (0)
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Awesome news.  Will be interesting to see who gets cut.  Lambert maybe?

Not sure what his recovery time is for Drohan's nerve decompression surgery, but a move to the 60 day IL keeps all others safe for now, and clear up the second active roster spot (they are at 25 as of now, short a hitter). 

Lambert could then slot in with the empty 40th spot, though if they add Grossman or Phillips to the active roster, they would need a 40 man cut or another 60 day IL move I don't see another injury causing. 

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/roster

44 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Pillar apparently just wanted the weekend off 

Sox saved at least $2.2M in the process. Smart move tbh as paying Pillar $3M to maybe last a month or two on the roster would be pretty gross. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Awesome news.  Will be interesting to see who gets cut.  Lambert maybe?

Lambert, Drohan, Martin should all be 60 day IL candidates. Somehow Sammy Peralta is still on the 40 man. I would guess those are the four most likely to be removed from the 40 man for the NRIs that make the club. Assuming Getz isn’t going to DFA players he signed or acquired this offseason, Popeye might be next on the list. 

• Like 2

I’m not sure there’s that much of a roster crunch.  Matt Foster, Shane Drohan, Jimmy Lambert, Jesse Scholtens, and Davis Martin are all headed to the 60 day. If Toussaint doesn’t make the team (it would be a sign of progress if he does not), he will be released. Sammy Peralta would not be a great loss. That is 6 guys right there. I can imagine them trying to sneak a few guys through like DeLoach.  I believe they will be fine.

5 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

I’m not sure there’s that much of a roster crunch.  Matt Foster, Shane Drohan, Jimmy Lambert, Jesse Scholtens, and Davis Martin are all headed to the 60 day. If Toussaint doesn’t make the team (it would be a sign of progress if he does not), he will be released. Sammy Peralta would not be a great loss. That is 6 guys right there. I can imagine them trying to sneak a few guys through like DeLoach.  I believe they will be fine.

Foster and Scholtens are already on the 60 day. And they aren’t exposing DeLoach to waivers. I’d be very surprised if Touki doesn’t make the roster. 

Edited by ChiSox59

4 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Hey. Another interesting player worth watching. Cool.

I probably would have gone with the extra pen arm to start the season and called up Nastrini when needed, but fine with rewarding him for a nice spring. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I probably would have gone with the extra pen arm to start the season and called up Nastrini when needed, but fine with rewarding him for a nice spring. 

Assuming you pretend yesterday didn’t happen.

38 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Maybe they will do that. Go with an extra reliever the first 5 games, go Nastrini game 6.