Sox Sign Mike Moustakas

Heads22

7 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Gavin seems like a nice enough guy thats been played out of position in a situation that hasn't been conducive to development. He probably deserves a change of scenery but going to Charlotte is fine. Or if they find a move to fill a different spot. As fathom said, its also very believable that someone (Yoan) gets hurt at some point, possibly in Spring Training. 

I don't think the position thing hurt his development. From the jump he's just been a big ass dude that...doesn't hit like it. Big slow boy with weak power is just not a good combo. He had so many chances for us because he's left handed, hard worker, and we are a pathetic franchise.

• Like 3

My theory (hope) is that Getz is trying to raise the floor with cheaper vets, but will be willing to cut these guys if a young player proves ready.  My fear is that it won’t matter, because we now a roster full of them and Grifol has already stated he won’t sacrifice a single win for development.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

My theory (hope) is that Getz is trying to raise the floor with cheaper vets, but will be willing to cut these guys if a young player proves ready.  My fear is that it won’t matter, because we now a roster full of them and Grifol has already stated he won’t sacrifice a single win for development.

Grifol is all about not holding vets accountable, but going in on young guys.

Poor Colson/Ramos/Fletcher/Colas/Sosa/Popeye are basically going to have massive targets on their backs in the clubhouse if the team fails.

• Fire 1

5 hours ago, Chimpton said:

Different but not better!

Yeah, not better.  But the team was so bad last year, and there were quite a few guys who gave up and had bad attitudes.  This year's team will look better and will probably win a few more games.  I was so disillusioned at the end of last season that I'm actually looking forward to seeing this hodgepodge of veterans and newbies and scrubs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It feels more like buying time to not rush kids who aren't ready.  Then once the kids are ready, the guys in front are easy cuts if they are getting played too much.

• Like 3

It's amusing that it's another Royal but as long as Gavin Sheets is gone I'm good. Like I said a month ago the bar is low for me but the fact that there are so many new faces makes this season already more exciting for me than last season. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It feels more like buying time to not rush kids who aren't ready.  Then once the kids are ready, the guys in front are easy cuts if they are getting played too much.

For a rational org this would make sense. But with Pedro making out the lineup card there’s no guarantee it won’t be as stupid as possible. 

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s not Grifol who dumped a 21 year old pitching prospect for a 26 year old platoon reserve OF. If Pedro is not playing young guys on the active roster, it’s 100% on Getz in 2024 to rectify.

The one caveat is if we learn Tony has any role in decision making. It completely disgusted me to see him yesterday, and I’d wager there are many players, coaches and FO personnel who feel the same.

2024 40 Man Roster Transactions

In

• 1/5/24 C Martin Maldonado (37)
  • 1/26/24 SP/RP John Brebbia (33)
  • 2/3/24 RP Prelander Berroa (23)
  • 2/3/24 RF Zach DeLoach (25)
  • 2/3/24 CF Dominic Fletcher (26)

Out

• 1/5/24 3B Zach Remillard (29)
  • 1/26/24 3B Romy Gonzalez (27)
  • 2/3/24 SP Cristian Mena (21)
  • 2/3/24 3B Gregory Santos (24)
  • 2/3/24 RP Lane Ramsey (27)
Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I was fairly buzzed and said something similar but more depressing and deleted it. In general I think I was trying to say that not even the Sox are bad enough to where they need to sign a negative WAR Moose Tacos to a camp invite. 

Like, he could pull a Rollins and hit 400 in spring and then go 0-28 to start the year. He's that bad and old. He hasn't had a semi useful season in 3-4 years.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I was fairly buzzed and said something similar but more depressing and deleted it. In general I think I was trying to say that not even the Sox are bad enough to where they need to sign a negative WAR Moose Tacos to a camp invite. 

Like, he could pull a Rollins and hit 400 in spring and then go 0-28 to start the year. He's that bad and old. He hasn't had a semi useful season in 3-4 years.

Matt Latos incoming if he has ever been within 100 meters of a Royals major or minor league facility of any kind.

https://www.royalsreview.com/2016/1/11/10734484/royals-trade-rumor-free-agent-mat-latos

Getz still bitter after missing out eight years ago on that wonderful opportunity.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Haha 1