[x] Does not give up runs

[x] Hat fits well

[ ] Cy Young

Will he get there?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 2

I am very high on Nastrini. The change can really help him, and his best slider is nasty. Boy, do the Dodgers know how to draft and develop players. Remember, he was expendable to them. When he got to the Sox, he pointed out how much easier it was to advance in systems that are not good at development.  Hopefully, they learn the lesson and start developing their own Nastrini.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Could think of one thing that may delay him but they don't really play the service time game.

Getz gonna bring him up for opening day and Grifol gonna sit him on the bench to have him learn by watching.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Getz gonna bring him up for opening day and Grifol gonna sit him on the bench to have him learn by watching.

I mean, he can get some valuable insight by watching joining the team for the first road trip of the year.

If I'm being harsh, he hasn't fully earned the big league call-up by putting together a strong minor league stretch, his ERA at AA last year was in the 4s, he's only had 19.2 innings at Charlotte, but also weren't great. If you're starting him with the big league squad, the only reason you're doing it is the spring training innings. But, at the very least, he has had a season in AA and made a AAA debut, so it's not the same sort of jump you'd make with Thorpe who has barely reached AA.

It does look like you'll have to be cautious about his innings as he's topped out around 115 each of the last 2 years.

14 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If I'm being harsh, he hasn't fully earned the big league call-up by putting together a strong minor league stretch, his ERA at AA last year was in the 4s, he's only had 19.2 innings at Charlotte, but also weren't great. If you're starting him with the big league squad, the only reason you're doing it is the spring training innings. But, at the very least, he has had a season in AA and made a AAA debut, so it's not the same sort of jump you'd make with Thorpe who has barely reached AA.

It does look like you'll have to be cautious about his innings as he's topped out around 115 each of the last 2 years.

This is the nastrini train sir

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

2 hours ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I've prepared myself for the inevitable tweet/release that they'll have Touki in the rotation... then after Touki is 0-4, call Nastrini up. 

Prepare for the world where Touki is somehow our all-star rep 

• Hawk 1
  • Paper Bag 2

8 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Lots of Train song to choose from on YouTube . But I saw this one that was a minor hit for Albert Hammond in 1974 and it's been forever since I heard it.

Nice under the radar selection.

Will add a more well known though not sure how much here Canadian selection.

8 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

All right help me out.

Nick Nasty.

Solid nickname or too dad joke?

Solid if you can come up with a poorly photoshopped picture of the Nasty Nate poster from Half Baked.