It begins...

Lip Man 1

I guess we can put our expectations for the year in this thread as well.

I've got only two:

1. Don't lose 100 games.

2. Hope some players have good first halves so they can be traded for something useful at the deadline.

Such is the state of things.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I've got only two:

1. Don't lose 100 games.

2. Hope some players have good first halves so they can be traded for something useful at the deadline.

My prediction for how this season goes:

The White Sox surprise by hovering a couple of games under .500 for the first half of the season, led primarily by a monster first half by Yoan Moncada and a surprisingly healthy Eloy Jimenez.  As the summer grinds on, poor managing by Pedro Grifol, faltering pitching, Eloy's inevitable injury, and selling off of Moncada and other flippable veterans cause the Sox to fall off and wind up with a total of between 69 and 73 victories which is still much better than most expected.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

Its going to be  a great White Sox 2024 season.

😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

If by "great" you mean they'll only lose 95 games instead of 100, then I'm right with you.

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

All I know is, no matter what I'm going to enjoy this season more than 2023.  Zero expectations, no chance for dissapointment.

There is some truth to your comment. I guess there's always the chance a miracle takes place a la 1977 and 1990 but man that's really stretching belief. 

4 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

I've got only two:

1. Don't lose 100 games.

100 losses is an arbitrary line that people draw that is meaningless. 

2) I'm thinking Brebbia, Eloy and Soroka. 

3 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

If by "great" you mean they'll only lose 95 games instead of 100, then I'm right with you.

C'mon, Liptak. You got a heart in that chest of yours. And there's a kid in there too. Let him out. And call his parents. 

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

100 losses is an arbitrary line that people draw that is meaningless. 

2) I'm thinking Brebbia, Eloy and Soroka. 

Only because they can't draft any higher than #10 in 2025.  Its isn't meaningless. It's a team that has definitely tanked, depriving its fans of entertaining baseball, which MLB has started going to great lengths to avoid. Even many of them can't get to 100.

100 wins would be great. Would you throw cold water on that and say it too is a meaningless line people have drawn?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

2 hours ago, WestEddy said:

C'mon, Liptak. You got a heart in that chest of yours. And there's a kid in there too. Let him out. And call his parents. 

This may be true, but he is a UK fan and thus has no soul. 

Rank right up their with Yankees, NY Rangers and Cowboys fans. 😂

Me feeling is like just kind of floating in limbo. I know this team roster has to completely turn over at least twice before it has a chance to be playoff viable. That known, it’s impossible to even hang hopes on what I will see on the field thinking it might be a step in building a path towards any future contention window. This now just is what is and will be.

This is going to be a long-ass season, not necessarily because the team will be bad, but because the fanbase is so toxic.  We have a right to be mad after last year.  But I'm tired of thinking and talking about it.  I want to focus on some of the new guys we'll see this year and watch their development.  I honestly believe this team will be better than last year's team.  Not dramatically better, obviously, but more enjoyable to watch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

This is going to be a long-ass season, not necessarily because the team will be bad, but because the fanbase is so toxic.  We have a right to be mad after last year.  But I'm tired of thinking and talking about it.  I want to focus on some of the new guys we'll see this year and watch their development.  I honestly believe this team will be better than last year's team.  Not dramatically better, obviously, but more enjoyable to watch.

It's going to be a long season because they are going to lose 90 + games again and suck. Montgomery will be fun to watch. Ramos might be fun if he gets a shot. Other than that, its just hope for some surprises, and Bears training camp starts in July.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This may be true, but he is a UK fan and thus has no soul. 

Rank right up their with Yankees, NY Rangers and Cowboys fans. 😂

I went to UK and broadcast football and men's basketball for the campus station WBKY as well as writing for the school newspaper. 

Kentucky has been good to me and that's plenty of soul. 

• Like 1