GT 3/30: DET @ SOX, 1:10 pm CDT, NBCSC

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nah, the 29k that wasted money on this pathetic organization 

Yeah I did it on opening day and the only other time I’m stepping foot into that place is on a warm sunny day when there is nothing else to do 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

The good news is they scored some runs

The bad news is the bullpen gave up the lead which I'm sure we will be seeing many, many times this year and the Sox again fail to do the little things to advance runners and bring them home. Nothing has changed in that regard from last season. The 10th inning today was a classic example.

Don't stop now boys keep embarrassing yourselves!

I really don’t think “bullpen” is my concern after watching today’s game other than Pedro viewing Leone as his go to guy.

I generally like the Chuck/Ozzie postgame, but everything about the Sox now is a colossal waste of time and energy. 

Frank Thomas dropped an f-bomb on the pregame. Highlight of the day, besides our best current player.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, flavum said:

I generally like the Chuck/Ozzie postgame, but everything about the Sox now is a colossal waste of time and energy. 

Frank Thomas dropped an f-bomb on the pregame. Highlight of the day, besides our best current player.

Just running out the clock on the season and this ownership regime

• Like 1

Okay? I'm looking at the box score. Please explain this stat to me. Leone gives up the two earned runs to tie the game in a 3rd of an inning, but he gets a hold. But Hill gets the blown save. How does that work? It was Leone's man who scored the tying run. Hill is not charged with the run; how does he get the blown save. It's right there on MLB.com box score. 

6 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Okay? I'm looking at the box score. Please explain this stat to me. Leone gives up the two earned runs to tie the game in a 3rd of an inning, but he gets a hold. But Hill gets the blown save. How does that work? It was Leone's man who scored the tying run. Hill is not charged with the run; how does he get the blown save. It's right there on MLB.com box score. 

Hill gets a blown save because he allowed the tying inherited runner to score.

12 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

Yeah I did it on opening day and the only other time I’m stepping foot into that place is on a warm sunny day when there is nothing else to do 

Did your kiddo enjoy opening day?

16 minutes ago, Vote4Pedro said:

I've gone to a lot of games  they have lost and never felt like I wasted money. I enjoy being at a baseball game. The difference now is I'd be walking in expecting a loss. I think I'm just valuing my time more. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

If they go 75-85 the rest of the way, and Jerry is alive on October 1st, the Sox will have a losing overall record under his ownership.

I think you've mentioned that before. :jerry

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I think you've mentioned that before. :jerry

That's regular season. They are 17-19 all time in the post season under Jerry.

2005: 11-1

1983 + 1993 + 2000 + 2008 + 2020 + 2021: 6-18

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

I see Jake Burger went 2/4 with an RBI today.  

I maintain that the Sox should have traded Vaughn for Eder instead of Burger. 

Burger should be playing 1B for the Sox. 

Edited by baseball_gal_aly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, baseball_gal_aly said:

Burger should be playing 1B for the Sox. 

Burger in his 1st three games of this year is 6 for 11 with 5 RBIs. But the truth is that if he were still on the Sox, he'd sitting the  bench behind Moncada and occasionally pitch hitting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, baseball_gal_aly said:

No way Miami gives up Eder for Vaughn. Soler is better at DH, perhaps Vaughn might of been an upgrade over Gurriel, but you wouldn't / won't get a top prospect for him. The best offer for Vaughn I've seen is for a 1.0 bWAR total SP over two seasons (Frankie Montas paid  $12.525M the past two seasons, $14M this season plus a $2M buyout due for 2025).

I am just hoping by summer we have a few top prospects who earned their way up and are playing well / giving us excitement and that anyone who is more of a trade asset is playing their way to a spot we can pivot. 

When it comes to the bullpen - I legit don’t even know who have the guys were that pitched today and we probably won’t remember any of them in long run anyway given most are complete journeymen. 

But if Leasure and Garcia do good - that is what I care about. Same with the younger players in lineup. I hope Robert has many games like today and Yoan and Eloy find a way to stay healthy and productive all season so club can actually get something for them. 

35 minutes ago, vilehoopster said:

Burger in his 1st three games of this year is 6 for 11 with 5 RBIs. But the truth is that if he were still on the Sox, he'd sitting the  bench behind Moncada and occasionally pitch hitting. 

And sitting in favor of 700 OPS Andrew Vaughn, the untouchable, .9 WAR first baseman (DH on any other team).

Edited by reiks12

9 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

And sitting in favor of 700 OPS Andrew Vaughn, the untouchable, .9 WAR first baseman (DH on any other team).

His defense the first two games has looked pretty good. Made a couple nice plays today.

• Quin locked this topic