Luis Robert right hip flexor injury

4 minutes ago, Milkman delivers said:

I don’t understand why they’d have him play these complex-league games. With his injury history, I’d prefer he play some simple-league games. Seems safer.

This type of wit isn't allowed in this thread, [insert female name here].

• Haha 3
  • Fire 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mataipaepae said:

Not buying it. I agree the hardest thing to do in all of sports is to hit a baseball. But I’l all I’m saying is nobody else plays exhibition games when they’re healthy. They are back on the field playing in the big leagues. 

In basketball, they often talk about players working back by scrimmaging. Then they might go to the Gatorade League or come off the bench or have a minutes restriction because there isn't a minor league system to rehab in. Seems like a flaw of the NBA to not develop a proper minor league system actually, there's enough basketball talent, not a flaw that the MLB has that. I don't really know what happens in the NFL, but they play 16 (17?) games and not 162, they don't really have the same luxury of time. They also play once a week and not daily. They also don't really seem like models to follow when it comes to injury recovery, frankly. Also, your claim that basketball players "get right back to playing" is just dumb. they take every other game off, occasionally entire seasons. 

Anyway, this thread rocks. I came to post how it seems like Luis is about 96% recovered, after the home run it might be about 97.5%. 

Edited by nrockway
  • Like 2

You want guys to get reps before coming back so it makes sense that, in baseball, guys go on a rehab assignment.

I do get the thinking in that "if he's 100%, let him play at the MLB level" if the team is shitty anyway. But I don't think Luis is there yet.

On 4/30/2024 at 2:27 PM, chitownsportsfan said:

I'd expect he'll be on a rehab assignment within three weeks and then if everything goes fine back in Chicago by first week of June or so. I figured this was closer to a 6 week thing than 10 so splitting the difference at 8 with early June.

You the man, bro.

On 5/23/2024 at 9:22 PM, Milkman delivers said:

I don’t understand why they’d have him play these complex-league games. With his injury history, I’d prefer he play some simple-league games. Seems safer.

I don't think complex games count as a rehab assignment and they are limited to the number of games they can play on a rehab assignment before they have to be activated. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

I don't think complex games count as a rehab assignment and they are limited to the number of games they can play on a rehab assignment before they have to be activated. 

It was an antonym joke.

• TLR 1

A novel concept might be having some experts get with him and figure out how to eliminate all these injuries. You just know he's gonna rip a hammy hustling on the basepaths like Eloy when he comes back.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, greg775 said:

A novel concept might be having some experts get with him and figure out how to eliminate all these injuries. You just know he's gonna rip a hammy hustling on the basepaths like Eloy when he comes back.

A novel concept would be listening to the coaching and training staff and not being "allowed" to just waive them off. Of course Robert didn't even know anybody's name last year on the staff so he's part and parcel of the problem. This should have been made clear to him long ago.

Of course there's always the chance that Pedro just fucked up his statement here and there was like a chance he rehurt himself but Robert waived them off and said he was fine.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Fire 1