ESPN predicts 120 loss season for the White Sox

hankchifan

5 minutes ago, hi8is said:

So bad. Worst team I’ve ever watched.

I enjoyed the 1 win that I watched....I truly was blessed to see that game and can cancel youtubetv a lucky man. 

I'll follow along on Soxtalk....it's much more entertaining than the product on the field.

• Like 1

He cares enough to tie up a multigenerational fortune in the team. I honestly believe he does care but isn't very good at knowing when to change directions. He's also loyal to the point that it has cost the team wins. 

I'll agree with all of the other criticism of the man. He's stubborn, cheap at times, etc but I do believe he cares. Which actually makes this all the worst. 

12 hours ago, wegner said:

I'll be shocked if this crew ever wins 3 games in a row.

I see one possible scenario of a three game win steak If a team comes to town really slumping, and the Sox won the previous series final game, they could win the first two in a series before getting blown out 23-0 in the next game. 

They have Miami on the road so a three win is unlikely. 

Here's the spot. On 7/14 they win the final two against Pittsburgh then they rest during the all star break and come back and win one against KC in KC. 

• Love 1

This franchise keeps on not having a long term (minor league talent) sustainability project like the top tier teams have. I suspect even after this debacle, whatever talent is infused into the system to recover will be left to languish just like the current build was. And here we are, faced with an effort to rationalize our long term support of the Sox while the owner smokes his cigars and watches bemused as he has for decades.

23 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

We are a National disgrace and a laughingstock. 
Never in my lifetime did I ever imagine the White Sox being as bad as the 1962 Mets. This is all on the jerkoff of an owner we have and if the man cares this little about the franchise and it’s fans and has any conscience at all he must do the right thing and sell the club.

They are not a national laughing stock or national disgrace.  They are ignored.  They can’t even get their championship from twenty years ago recognized by local media.  Nobody nationally is paying enough attention to the White Sox to laugh at them.

• Thanks 1
  • Paper Bag 1

22 hours ago, JoeC said:

I think they can make it.

Guys like Fedde (if he performs) will be gone. Ditto for Kopech and Wilson.

Good players that you keep on rebuilding teams are young and under team control. The only player who could fit that description is Crochet, and he’ll be shut down.

This team is going to be right up there with the 1962 Mets and the 2003 Tigers.

Would there be any takers for Kopech?  Any that would trade even a lottery ticket for him?

5 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

Would there be any takers for Kopech?  Any that would trade even a lottery ticket for him?

If he shows he can close the 10 or so games he gets asked to close, and if he is ANYWHERE near as dominant as he was against Cleveland, he would command a decent return.

he’s got elite “stuff.” Being a closer lets you live more off of that pure stuff than a starter.

17 minutes ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

They are not a national laughing stock or national disgrace.  They are ignored.  They can’t even get their championship from twenty years ago recognized by local media.  Nobody nationally is paying enough attention to the White Sox to laugh at them.

I guarantee you if they come close to approaching the 62 Mets record it will draw national scrutiny and the media will start taking a closer look at how this entire rebuild was a dismal failure. 

9 minutes ago, JoeC said:

If he shows he can close the 10 or so games he gets asked to close, and if he is ANYWHERE near as dominant as he was against Cleveland, he would command a decent return.

he’s got elite “stuff.” Being a closer lets you live more off of that pure stuff than a starter.

Grifol said he wouldn’t put Kopech on the mound back-to-back days if he goes multiple innings the night before. The Sox coaches have also taken that approach with Leasure, who threw two innings for the first time all season against the Guardians and one on Saturday.

22 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Assuming loss today, the winning percentage probably then on pace for about 25 wins. They’ll win more than that but honestly, 120 losses wouldn’t be too crazy. This team is that bad.

How many times do you think this team will get shut out this season?

I'll go with 70.

• Haha 1

Didn't Reinsdorf say the reason he went with Getz was he owed it to the fans to not have to wait (for wins)? That may go down as the worst sentence ever uttered in Chicago sports history.

The Sox currently have a roster filled with one player you'd pay to see. That is today's losing pitcher, Crochet.

Not one other player is worth paying to see. I include Robert and Eloy cause they are rarely healthy (even tho Robert made it thru last season OK). OK if you count him Sox have two players you'd pay to see. One pitcher and one everyday player. Do we realize how rare this is in baseball history? How can the commissioner allow this? The Sox should face some kind of penalty or the franchise should be contracted.

p.s. how dare Getz think Lopez, DeJong and Maldonado were acceptable options up the middle. Unacceptable. The outrage should be expressed daily.

Edited by greg775

1 hour ago, FloydBannister1983 said:

I was reading a MLB article yesterday, they were talking about the AL Central. Went into detail about the other 4 teams, because they are actually somewhat interesting. The last sentence literally said "oh, and the white sox play in this division." And that was it 🤣 At least with Oakland they have the intrigue of playing in Sacramento, even if it is ridiculous, at least it's intriguing and a transition to something better than what they have now. You can actually put a timeline on seeing the light. You can't with this scrapheap of a team...because there is no timeline for change or success. It's just perpetual lukewarm, bland, mediocre, irrelevance, led by a bunch of people who have no idea what they are doing and every time they utter words, it confirms what everyone thinks and believes about their ability to ever put an actual major league team on the field, let alone a winning product. 

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 1
  • Love 1