4/13 GT - Reds at Sox (1:10pm)

44 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What would a wasted year look like?

"That moved me to the thought -- what is it I owe to the fans? I think one of the things I owe the fans is to get better as fast as we can possibly get better. Speed is of the essence. I don't want a long-term proposition.

"It became clear to me that he [Getz] would be one of the major candidates, alongside these other candidates. And then when I started thinking about the speed I owe the fans, I realized that if you bring in somebody from the outside, it's gonna take him a year, he's gonna have to evaluate everybody in the organization. So you'll lose a year."

• Paper Bag 1

12 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Pedro would be 50 under .500 with a loss today. I know it's cosmetic,  but can you at least fire him for ineptness?

What would the greatest manager of all time be with this lineup? 49 under? You can't win the Kentucky Derby with a plow horse. 

• Thanks 2

To me firing him would be a silly PR move to try and convince fans the team is better than they are. We know that's crap. They are a 110 loss talent team. He ain't hurting anyone, they do that in their own. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

"That moved me to the thought -- what is it I owe to the fans? I think one of the things I owe the fans is to get better as fast as we can possibly get better. Speed is of the essence. I don't want a long-term proposition.

"It became clear to me that he [Getz] would be one of the major candidates, alongside these other candidates. And then when I started thinking about the speed I owe the fans, I realized that if you bring in somebody from the outside, it's gonna take him a year, he's gonna have to evaluate everybody in the organization. So you'll lose a year."

I really, really hope someone has the balls to ask him about what he said.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

What would the greatest manager of all time be with this lineup? 49 under? You can't win the Kentucky Derby with a plow horse. 

It would be bad no doubt. But the playersknow Pedro is full of it more than we do  Its time. Hire someone to grow with the team.

Yeah. I feel like constantly talking about firing Grifol, with this lineup, is pointless. He's the worst manager in baseball, so it's entirely fitting that he manages the worst lineup in baseball. When all is said and done, he may have the worst managing record of all time. 

Just one more paper bag over the head record for this team to chase.

• Paper Bag 1

16 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Pedro would be 50 under .500 with a loss today. I know it's cosmetic,  but can you at least fire him for ineptness?

JR don't/won't pay dead money.  We stuck with Grifol through 2025 

• Like 1

To me firing him would be a silly PR move to try and convince fans the team is better than they are. We know that's crap. They are a 110 loss talent team. He ain't hurting anyone, they do that in their own. 

Just hire Ozzie and make the s%*# show complete.  The franchise is a joke anyway. At least it will be entertaining. 

• Like 2

Just now, Polar Bear said:

JR don't/won't pay dead money.  We stuck with Grifol through 2025 

It won’t last that long.

Jirschele or Leyland’s son will get the job…no lose situation coming in, can only overachieve at this point.

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It would be bad no doubt. But the playersknow Pedro is full of it more than we do  Its time. Hire someone to grow with the team.

Grow what? There isn't a single player on this roster I see being here in 2-3 seasons, except maybe Vaughn. It's a lost season. Let the loser really lose this season with pizzazz.

I wouldn't subject anyone I didn't hate to managing this club. You can't squeeze water out of rocks.

Edit: On second thought, fire Grifol and bring TLR back. That would be fucking EPIC.

Edited by Paulie4Pres
  • TLR 1

2 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Disagree. I gave him the benefit of the doubt last year for way too long. Grifol is a bad manager and will never be hired by another team ever. He’s gotta go. So does Montoyo. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Isn't he exactly a grow with the team hire? He obviously needs to grow. Any already accomplished manager would laugh if the Sox called. 

1 minute ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Just hire Ozzie and make the s%*# show complete.  The franchise is a joke anyway. At least it will be entertaining. 

It'll be Bill Belichick....he's a winner

3 minutes ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Grow what? There isn't a single player on this roster I see being here in 2-3 seasons, except maybe Vaughn. It's a lost season. Let the loser really lose this season with pizzazz.

I wouldn't subject anyone I didn't hate to managing this club. You can't squeeze water out of rocks.

Edit: On second thought, fire Grifol and bring TLR back. That would be fucking EPIC.

Vaughn only has two more arb years on his contract.  Pretty amazing.

• Like 1