4/17/24 - KC @ CWS, Game 1, 2:10 PM Eastern

OK guys. Once in a while greg has a strong premonition. I just have a feeling Sox win both games tomorrow if they are not rained out. It's partly law of averages (even though the law of averages might be erased when a team is this bad). There's no reason for us to win both except a.) The Sox as bad as they are have to win a few home games in 2024. b.) Law of averages says the Royals can't be that much better than the Sox in 7 games in a row. This is a pathetic Royals team.

So head to Vegas if u must. Greg guarantees a Sox sweep tomorrow. ... One thing is for sure. If the Sox get swept, it's not hyperbole to say Grifol must be fired on the spot. It's impossible to go 0-7 against a team in April. Sox because of the law of weird baseball averages take 2 tomorrow. Bank it baby.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • TLR 1

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

OK guys. Once in a while greg has a strong premonition. I just have a feeling Sox win both games tomorrow if they are not rained out. It's partly law of averages (even though the law of averages might be erased when a team is this bad). There's no reason for us to win both except a.) The Sox as bad as they are have to win a few home games in 2024. b.) Law of averages says the Royals can't be that much better than the Sox in 7 games in a row. This is a pathetic Royals team.

So head to Vegas if u must. Greg guarantees a Sox sweep tomorrow. ... One thing is for sure. If the Sox get swept, it's not hyperbole to say Grifol must be fired on the spot. It's impossible to go 0-7 against a team in April. Sox because of the law of weird baseball averages take 2 tomorrow. Bank it baby.

House bet level of confidence?

10 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Im ex Navy and yes I beleive thats true but cant be sure, after all the Navy does things a little different. Who else would call a bathroom the head??

Yep, I’m a USAF Vietnam Vet and a click is a kilometer, we used the term to tell the distance that the Vietcong was lobbing in mortars and rockets at the Nha Trang Air Force Base where I was stationed at. The click was the term we used on a compass like distance measuring device that when you moved the dial one click it was one kilometer.

IMG_0022.jpeg

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, The Mighty Mite said:

Yep, I’m a USAF Vietnam Vet and a click is a kilometer, we used the term to tell the distance that the Vietcong was lobbing in mortars and rockets at the Nha Trang Air Force Base where I was stationed at. The click was the term we used on a compass like distance measuring device that when you moved the dial one click it was one kilometer.

IMG_0022.jpeg

Thank you for yr service! Your post reminds us just how trivial sports is compared to wars and world conflicts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

This Sox team is so bad that anything is possible.

1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:

This Sox team is so bad that anything is possible.

Last year, there were 35 doubleheaders, with 16 total sweeps (45.71%). 9 of those sweeps were by the visitors.

If any team can get swept at home in a doubleheader, it's the 2024 White Sox.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Oh damn, now I kind of want to bet on these games... maybe my house?

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

The inevitable has happened: Sheets is in RF for the first game.

Honestly I’m fine with it. Going into the season I wasn’t, but at this point what the hell. Same goes for Eloy out there. Frankly nothing to lose at this point. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

What we clearly need more of, is Martin Maldonado in the starting lineup.

On this team of the elderly and castoffs I would have to admit that Maldonado has contributed less than zero on the diamond to winning.

His expiration date has past.Theres really no reason to keep him. Pay him a coach's salary if you want his expertise as a tutor to young pitchers and catchers.

It's easy for Getz to cycle through young players and sign guys to minor league deals. It's much harder to admit you made a $4M dollar mistake. But at least it wasn't a $75M mistake.

But it's a doubleheader so I suppose you can't play the same catcher in both games.

I'm seriously thinking Chuckie Robinson is a better choice now. Won't make much of a difference but incremental minor changes results can improve things slightly. At this point Getz should be thinking about avoiding 110 losses. Maldonado hasn't exactly fit into his plan of better defense.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, greg775 said:

Man, a double header sweep to get back to 10 under....in April. Just like Getz scripted it.

• Paper Bag 1

• Capn12 changed the title to 4/17/24 - KC @ CWS, Game 1, 2:10 PM Eastern