AND THAT'S A GREG AIDED WHITE SOX WINNER!

46 minutes ago, Highland said:

Should have won both games. Pitching has not been that bad. If offense picks it up, they might win two in a row. Keep Sheets in the lineup.

If these guys could even be league average with hitting they probably would be at .500 with how decent the pitching has been, unfortunately they put out the worst offense ever assembled. I don't care how good your defense is, if you can't hit the fucking ball you're not going to score runs, and your product will not be interesting.

Edited by ScootsMcGoots
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ScootsMcGoots said:

If these guys could even be league average with hitting they probably would be at .500 with how decent the pitching has been, unfortunately they put out the worst offense ever assembled. I don't care how good your defense is, if you can't hit the fucking ball you're not going to score runs, and your product will not be interesting.

Why do people keep thinking our pitching has been decent? It hasn’t been. 25th in ERA, 26th in WHIP, walking too many people not striking out enough people. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Grinder said:

Maybe just maybe if we can get our position players to start hitting and our pitching keeps performing we can still sneak in to a wild card...

I'm delusional 

You just know that if the position players start hitting the pitching will fall off a cliff! But we can but hope that a miracle occurs.

7 hours ago, T R U said:

Why do people keep thinking our pitching has been decent? It hasn’t been. 25th in ERA, 26th in WHIP, walking too many people not striking out enough people. 

I think because of expectations. We expected so much worse. 

12 hours ago, T R U said:

There have been some low scoring games that could have been won with a decent offense. There have been a few blowouts, but the hitting is what is losing games.

13 hours ago, T R U said:

Considering this is a trash heap rotation/bullpen and that the stats skew comes primarily from a few guys, I have no problem being impressed with what this pitching staff has done as a whole.

25 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Considering this is a trash heap rotation/bullpen and that the stats skew comes primarily from a few guys, I have no problem being impressed with what this pitching staff has done as a whole.

Sure, they aren't as embarrassing as the hitting has been. I guess we can take a small victory lap on that so far.

8 minutes ago, T R U said:

Sure, they aren't as embarrassing as the hitting has been. I guess we can take a small victory lap on that so far.

Everything is relative.  Anyone with even a basic understanding of baseball can see what was left in this pitching staff post Cease.  The fact that there are useful pieces in this staff is a win.