Anderson speaks...

Lip Man 1

"And it’s hard to win when you don’t have the right guys to go out and compete, you know what I mean? [Guys] that want to win it.

Asked to elaborate on the “right guys” part of that comment — and on what the Sox clubhouse was really like — Anderson declined.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/04/18/tim-anderson-miami-marlins-chicago-white-sox-mlb

15 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

"And it’s hard to win when you don’t have the right guys to go out and compete, you know what I mean? [Guys] that want to win it.

Asked to elaborate on the “right guys” part of that comment — and on what the Sox clubhouse was really like — Anderson declined.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/white-sox/2024/04/18/tim-anderson-miami-marlins-chicago-white-sox-mlb

I'm starting with the man in the mirror I'm asking him to change his ways And no message could've been any clearer If they wanna make the world a better place Take a look at yourself and then make a change.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, fathom said:

Just….wow

Translation:  “I don’t want to be the face of a franchise or the hero of a new generation of baseball fans.  I’d rather OPS under .600, collect my paycheck, and cheat on my wife with Instagram hoochies.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 4
  • TLR 1

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Translation:  “I don’t want to be the face of a franchise or the hero of a new generation of baseball fans.  I’d rather OPS under .600, collect my paycheck, and cheat on my wife with Instagram hoochies.”

At this point, TA is all talk. Of course he's hurt the Sox let him go. It already cost him $8 million. And extensions?  That looks like it may have been worse than Benentendi. Not given him one seems pretty smart now. I used to just love this guy, but he really just needs to shut up at this point and look in the mirror. The team he is on now isn't doing very well either.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 5

While not having the right guys, there was also having some wrong guys. 

At least he takes the responsibility of multiple families seriously and wanted to lock in that paycheck to pay for them all. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Tim is just repeating what his teammates said while looking at him the past couple seasons. 

• Like 1

https://www.chicagotribune.com/2024/04/19/chicago-white-sox-tim-anderson-miami-marlins/

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/tim-anderson-chicago-marlins-white-sox/

"A lot of my decisions as well, you know, off the field kind of interrupted things as well. We understood that, and it's hard to win when you don't have the right guys to go out and compete – you know what I mean? And you want to win," Anderson said. "The last year that I spent there was tough, and you know, to finally be able to make it through again on the other side, you know, I'm happy, in a great place, you know, my smile's back – and I'm back on my dream."

Miami manager Skip Schumaker said everything he was told about Anderson has been “spot on.”

“There’s people that you trust in the baseball world, and they were exactly right on his work ethic, how he impacts his teammates,” Schumaker said. “He’s been out for early work. He’s been on an early bus. He’s been the first guy in the clubhouse at home. ... It’s been great.”

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Let's keep going on about his baby momma some more. We haven't punished him enough yet.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

His OPS from 2019 to 2022 was .820.

So that doesn't really work for "year-to-year," just one singular year.

38 minutes ago, pcq said:

Let's keep going on about his baby momma some more. We haven't punished him enough yet.

I have horrible news if people think athlete infidelity is a sin.

Which, also, let's add the rest of these quotes.

"A lot of my decisions as well, you know, off the field, kind of interrupted a lot of things as well. We understood that," he said. "And it’s hard to win when you don't have the right guys to go out and compete ... and that want to win it."

Anderson did not elaborate on what off-the-field decisions he was referencing. During an interview on "The Pivot Podcast" last year, he acknowledged having a child out of wedlock and going through therapy with his wife, Bria.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2896475

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Falstaff said:

I can't get that image of TA getting knocked out when his name comes up.  The old saying, "you made your bed, now lie in it ", also comes to mind.

He made his own bed (no pun intended).  I can't get rid of the image of Yoan, Eloy and Robert getting paid generational wealth and taking a siesta for half the season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Falstaff said:

I can't get that image of TA getting knocked out when his name comes up.  The old saying, "you made your bed, now lie in it ", also comes to mind.

Its unfortunate that the lasting memory of TA is him getting clocked by Ramirez. He had some great moments with the Sox - the Field of Dreams game was heroic. But yeah, getting knocked out, carried to the dugout by Andrew Vaughn and then struggling to come out for round 2 on wobbly legs is hard to forget.

32 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Burger, Anderson and Garcia have combined for a -.3 WAR this year. The faster we can distance ourselves from that era, the better. 

Except Andrew Vaughn and Benintendi as a duo are 5-6X worse that trio and the Sox are still stuck with one of them for at least 3 more seasons.

Burger Anderson and Garcia are ultra cheap to their respective teams, at least.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Burger, Anderson and Garcia have combined for a -.3 WAR this year. The faster we can distance ourselves from that era, the better. 

And Jose Abreu is a -1.1 WAR after 51 ABs and a -22 OPS+.   

• Haha 1
  • Paper Bag 1

3 hours ago, Quin said:

I have horrible news if people think athlete infidelity is a sin.

Which, also, let's add the rest of these quotes.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2896475

“We understood that”?  Who is “we”?  I’m sure his wife didn’t want him to knock up another woman, so who is he referring to other than himself?  🤣

It should be “I”, not “we”.  What a weak statement.  He still can’t own up to his own decisions.

• Like 1