4/20 Sox @ Phillies 5:05PM CT

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

That's how ridiculous small sample sizes look. 

Yeah, one game is a small sample size.  20 games is a big difference.  That’s over 12% of the season.  This team is awful.  Most of the players you thought might pan out haven’t, just like I told you they wouldn’t.  This team is setting records, and not good ones.

My question is — how will you possibly contort your body into a human pretzel to excuse Getz of this historically bad season?  My guess is that you will continue to blame Kenny and Hahn to keep the facade going that Getz is a good GM and will improve upon his predecessors.

***Yawn***

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Taylor Swift basically announced in her new abum that her friends think living in the 1830s would have been so fun/cool...minus that vexing little slavery issue.

Indiana had a constitutional ban on slavery since it was founded in 1816. First state in the entire world founded with a total slavery ban.

1 hour ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Yeah, one game is a small sample size.  20 games is a big difference.  That’s over 12% of the season.  This team is awful.  Most of the players you thought might pan out haven’t, just like I told you they wouldn’t.  This team is setting records, and not good ones.

My question is — how will you possibly contort your body into a human pretzel to excuse Getz of this historically bad season?  My guess is that you will continue to blame Kenny and Hahn to keep the facade going that Getz is a good GM and will improve upon his predecessors.

***Yawn***

Spring training was about 20 games. You know, a small sample size. You didn't tell me players wouldn't pan out. You complained about every single move, so you have no credibility on the subset of things you complained about that actually came true. Every team constantly sets records. I'm not concerned. 

Well, 12% of a season doesn't make it "historically bad". It's really weird that the Baltimore guys who came here didn't tell us about their suicide attempts during that 0-23 season opening losing streak that was, uh, historical. Nobody cares. I'm glad you have something to occupy your mind. 

As far as "excusing Getz", I'm not sure what is in the hopper. We've already covered that all three of Moncada, Jimenez and Robert going down at the same time was a statistical anomaly. In the last 4 years, all three have been injured at the same time for only 11 games, total, so I don't think anyone could say they "predicted" all three would be sidelined at the same time in the first 10 games, as much as they want to pretend they did. And then you're talking about two other pro hitters just falling off the table for 20 game slumps they've never had in their careers.

So if you're talking about pretzel shapes, I guess I'm in "pretzel rods" shape. Not really twisted, still saying the same thing I said all year, wondering why your head is sticking out from under your knee. If you call "waiting to see how it turns out" as "excusing", I don't understand that framing. If you hate this team, you can always start a Chicago Hot Dogs blog. I hear they're a baseball team. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

Spring training was about 20 games. You know, a small sample size. You didn't tell me players wouldn't pan out. You complained about every single move, so you have no credibility on the subset of things you complained about that actually came true. Every team constantly sets records. I'm not concerned. 

Well, 12% of a season doesn't make it "historically bad". It's really weird that the Baltimore guys who came here didn't tell us about their suicide attempts during that 0-23 season opening losing streak that was, uh, historical. Nobody cares. I'm glad you have something to occupy your mind. 

As far as "excusing Getz", I'm not sure what is in the hopper. We've already covered that all three of Moncada, Jimenez and Robert going down at the same time was a statistical anomaly. In the last 4 years, all three have been injured at the same time for only 11 games, total, so I don't think anyone could say they "predicted" all three would be sidelined at the same time in the first 10 games, as much as they want to pretend they did. And then you're talking about two other pro hitters just falling off the table for 20 game slumps they've never had in their careers.

So if you're talking about pretzel shapes, I guess I'm in "pretzel rods" shape. Not really twisted, still saying the same thing I said all year, wondering why your head is sticking out from under your knee. If you call "waiting to see how it turns out" as "excusing", I don't understand that framing. If you hate this team, you can always start a Chicago Hot Dogs blog. I hear they're a baseball team. 

I didn’t?  I said that the acquisitions of DeJong, Fedde, Maldonado, Lopez, Soroka, Flexen, and most of the bullpen acquisitions were all garbage.  Nice of you to try to change history but it’s too late.  Everyone knew these acquisitions sucked at the time but you.  You tried to hype these bums up.  Do you really want me to go back and prove it out with your recorded posts via the search engine?  You said these things and everyone here knows it.  Why do you think you have become a meme on this message board?

Regarding your “statistical anomaly” bullshit story, keep trying to promote the idea that it was a huge shock to any Sox fan with a clue.  Regardless of health (see Tweet below), Eloy and Moncada haven’t even been that fucking good when healthy.  So what are you even arguing? M

Regarding your two pro hitters, who are you referring to?  Andrew Vaughn has been worse than a replacement player for his entire career and Benintendi has had a completely mediocre career as a hitter.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

When Getz tells him it's time. 

One thing I've hated about this stupid franchise ever since Ozzie left is wondering if the "who to play" s%*# is the manager or the FO. At the end of the day the manager keeps changing and I still keep asking the same questions. 

So, uh, can't get fooled again here. The FO wants it, the manager just does what they want for the most part. And that is play bad players, usually vets, even when younger options that are likely to be just as good at the moment and better in the long run -- exist.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

12 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

I’m pretty sure even @poppysox has jumped off the Sox bandwagon for this season.

Still watching every game...but for sure disappointed in the poor start.  On another note...happy they dropped the gangster celebration after home runs.  That's only cool when you are leading the league in all offensive categories.

1 hour ago, pcq said:

Mendick comes up for Sosa. Bench Vaughn and put Pham in the OF. 

You almost have to promote Mendick. He's playing well, hitting well, on the 40 man, and half the team is hitting under .200.

• Like 1

The headline on my phone says Phillies shut down White Sox.....hello?? Did they even watch that 9th inning. Shut down, my ass. They've woken a sleeping giant my friends. That 5 run inning is just the beginning!!!

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, wegner said:

The headline on my phone says Phillies shut down White Sox.....hello?? Did they even watch that 9th inning. Shut down, my ass. They've woken a sleeping giant my friends. That 5 run inning is just the beginning!!!

Luckily the Phils pitched a career minor leaguer to start the 9th. I guess he will be back in the minors after this weekend. 

9 hours ago, WestEddy said:

"Moncada, Jimenez and Robert going down at the same time was a statistical anomaly"

Not really it was inevitable since Eloy and Robert have injury histories going all the way back to the minor leagues.   Moncada's minor league career was healthy but his injuries began to mount once he hit the majors and he has had a succession of back, oblique, quad, hamstring, and foot injuries to go with the latest abductor which is similar to Roberts injury.

I blame both the players off-season training routine and the Sox training staff.  I still have yet to see another team strap a harness around their players during pre-game warmups and make them drag the trainer around the grass like I use to witness when my seats were in the outfield along the 3rd base line.  

Edited by A-Train to 35th
sp.

56 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

Luckily the Phils pitched a career minor leaguer to start the 9th. I guess he will be back in the minors after this weekend. 

"so you think he'll be available soon?"

getzy.jpg