Pham up, Pillar out

WestEddy

36 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

WestEddy has been hyping up Brad Keller for weeks.  It’s embarrassing.  Keller’s WHIP and K/9 tells the entire story of who he is.

WestEddy is in too deep but won’t admit he is ever wrong.  WestEddy thinks that players that can maintain a .750 OPS are “stars”.  Yes, these are his own words.  He is living in his own archaic era of baseball.

I don't think you really know the meaning of the word "hyping". If a team has 3 players more noteworthy than the rest of the team, they are colloquially known as the team's "stars". Why don't you smoke a dube and calm down?

3 hours ago, WestEddy said:

I don't think you really know the meaning of the word "hyping". If a team has 3 players more noteworthy than the rest of the team, they are colloquially known as the team's "stars". Why don't you smoke a dube and calm down?

😴 💤 

• Haha 1

“I look at it as a blessing and as an opportunity to show the work I put in in the offseason,” said Pham, entering his 11th major league season with his eighth team. “I lost some weight to be more athletic and I'm excited for the opportunity.”

Manager Pedro Grifol said Pham will be able to help fill a gap in center for now. All-Star Luis Robert, Jr. played in just seven games before suffering a right hip flexor strain that was expected to keep him out of the lineup for six to eight weeks.

The White Sox also recalled outfielder Rafael Ortega from Charlotte, while optioning outfielder Dominic Fletcher. Chicago designated left-hander Bailey Horn and outfielder Kevin Pillar for assignment.

17 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

Mena might be a better CF than Fletcher. He cost Sox two game on defense. Not a big deal over the course of the season, but it is to the pitchers involved. Flexen was on the mound when Fletcher fell down on a routine flyball. I can't remember who was the victim when he knocked a fly ball over the wall.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Would be nice if people ever let trades marinate for a while. If it turns out its a minor leaguer for a  minor leaguer  it just makes the trade a push. But as of right now we have no idea how Mena's or Fletcher's career will go.

But how will we ever accrue valuable internet points for being right if we don’t immediately declare something to be good or bad? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Snopek said:

But how will we ever accrue valuable internet points for being right if we don’t immediately declare something to be good or bad? 

Idk, but Cali stakes claims to players right away so he can do exactly that.

Example: For years pounding the table telling everyone how they were incredibly wrong on Yermin Mercedes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Example: For years pounding the table telling everyone how they were incredibly wrong on Yermin Mercedes.

For the record, now of the independent Amercan Association Kansas City Monarchs.

• Fire 1

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nobody spends more money on junk plastic deck chairs for the ole rusty half floating pontoon boat than the Sox.

Yep but to actually go out and sign a top difference maker? Nope...can't do that, it offends JR's sensibilities. 

Edited by Lip Man 1

15 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Would be nice if people ever let trades marinate for a while. If it turns out it’s a minor leaguer for a  minor leaguer  it just makes the trade a push. But as of right now we have no idea how Mena's or Fletcher's career will go.

We don’t know anything for sure….but Fletcher needing more AAA seasoning is a very bad sign.  And his tweener status is pretty much confirmed by watching the games as he can’t play a good CF and doesn’t have the tools to be a quality offensive RF.  I really hope he proves me wrong, but so far everything the kid’s done has reaffirmed my belief that he’s nothing more than a 4th OF type talent.

Beyond that, the bigger concern is what a theoretical miss on Fletcher (and potentially DeLoach) means for faith in our pro scouting function.  We traded controllable pieces for older OF prospects who already had experience in AAA and yet both dudes require more seasoning despite the massive holes we have in the OF at the moment.  I viewed the Gene Watson move as a negative when it first happened and watching Rafael Ortega get opportunities over these two kids doesn’t install much confidence.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Rusty said:

I honestly don’t know whether it’s awesome, hilarious, or sad that Chris Getz is posting here under an alter.

Classic troll. Debate genius takes the stage and proves that the sun rises in the west before moving on to the next forum. 🙄  He will get bored of us soon enough  

5 hours ago, oldsox said:

Mena might be a better CF than Fletcher. He cost Sox two game on defense. Not a big deal over the course of the season, but it is to the pitchers involved. Flexen was on the mound when Fletcher fell down on a routine flyball. I can't remember who was the victim when he knocked a fly ball over the wall.

it was also Flexen! 😄

I've already posited an adjustment to FIP called "pitched against White Sox" (PWSx) so that fans don't get the wrong idea that the likes of Andrew Abbott and Simeon Woods-Richardson are Cy Young contenders.

But now how about a "pitched while Dominic Fletcher played center field behind you while gross, man and that other guy wiped up the corners" (PWDFPCFBYWGMATOGWUTCx).

Edited by nrockway
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, pcq said:

He will get bored of us soon enough 

Bored?!? Every time I read somebody posting, "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" after any piece of Sox news, it's like rediscovering As I Lay Dying anew. How can anybody get bored with all of this creativity flying around? LOL. 

1 hour ago, Rusty said:

Dude doesn’t even know that it’s doob not “dube.”  He’s absolutely some boomer that yells at kids to get off his front lawn right?

You should really look into what that overused metaphor means. I really just gape in wonder at a bunch of men who become so hurt when somebody doesn't agree with their simplistic, negative takes on every single incident in White sox world. 

16 hours ago, WestEddy said:

No, that’s not at all how defining an MLB “star” works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

You should really look into what that overused metaphor means. I really just gape in wonder at a bunch of men who become so hurt when somebody doesn't agree with their simplistic, negative takes on every single incident in White sox world. 

You “gape in wonder at a bunch of men”?  Please keep what you do in your private life off of this board.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

28 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

If the board bothers you so much, why do you post?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

If the board bothers you so much, why do you post?

Because there's a small bunch of people who post informative takes, or are just in the know about stuff. I like feedback. But most of the stuff tends to be attacking. Twitter's gotten like that. 

4 hours ago, Quin said:

You have an incredibly inaccurate memory when it comes to slandering me.

I just asked that people don't decide within a couple of months who won a trade of 2 young players and snopek agreed while commenting about internet points which I don't think was a veiled shot at me.

And you respond by making fun of me without showing any proof that my attitude about Mercedes was an "I told you so moment" . I've been that way on other topics for sure because I believe that if you have to take massive amounts of s%*# for your opinions that end up being right, you're entitled to give some s%*# back.

But noo you're allowed to give out s%*# any time you please and but God forbid you ever tell anyone you were right and they were wrong.

But about Mercedes just find one full post of mine not taken out of context where I denigrated someone else about him or said he'd be a good player for a long time. In the beginning I'd ask why no one ever talked about him in future Sox because I saw that he always seemed to be able to hit.I was just making an inquiry about a player that I knew nothing about.

It was pretty easy to surmise that he must be a lousy fielder if he's old for the levels he was playing at and his hitting could also be a result of that. But he eventually got brought up and had a fun run.

Was I proud that he made it to the big leagues and I was the guy who started talking about him early ? Sure it's like watching a relative like a nephew that you may not know so well start doing good and telling more relatives about him. But it wasn't like I scouted him and knew he'd make it to MLB.

Just because I don't automatically agree with the majority and dare voice a minority opinion is not a reason to to go all Wolf pack on someone, tearing them to shreds .

Soxtalk can be a cruel place with a bunch of keyboard warriors who could give a rats ass when they attack someone without proof and using hearsay and innuendo, taking things out of context or using their own hurt feelings to justify their assault or worse yet because the rest of the pack is attacking so I feel fine doing it too. I love mob rules culture.

• Thanks 1