Story on Sox trade possibilities...

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The reason to keep him is that it's entertainment and we don't have much in that department.

I'm looking for long-term entertainment. Trading him, in theory, could bring back pieces that will actually help you be entertained by seeing them win actual games.

In the short term if you want to be entertained I suggest rewatching the numerous Sox games from good seasons that are available via You Tube. Beats the dumpster fire the team is right now. 

1 hour ago, T R U said:

Sheets has been arguably our best bat this season so far and he has been worth a whopping 0.1 WAR.

He is not going to get anywhere close to 2 WAR.

His RF defense wipes out any offensive contributions. If he were parked at 1B/DH, he probably would have accumulated more. 

32 minutes ago, MikeKreevich said:

You know who I was talking about, teacher.

Oh excuse me while I get back to delivering Uber eats,  boss

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

We literally have 0 trade guys that will bring a Sox top 30 prospect guy.

I think Fedde does if he stays the course. Pham maybe could if he does the same. 

1 hour ago, WestEddy said:

His RF defense wipes out any offensive contributions. If he were parked at 1B/DH, he probably would have accumulated more. 

Not much more, the life of a non elite 1B/DH

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, T R U said:

If I drop the amount of qualifying PAs down to 10, Sheets is 11th in the game in fWAR. His defense there is still terrible. He's probably really just a DH. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/leaders/major-league?lg=all&season=2024&season1=2024&ind=0&type=8&month=36&sortcol=21&sortdir=default&pageitems=100&qual=10&pagenum=1

Edited by WestEddy

4 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

To those of you who suggest the Sox trade Roberts, I suggest you go back to what you do best, delivering uber eats.

Seriously. Uber Eats drivers have delivered more enjoyment to me than Hahn or Getz. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

We literally have 0 trade guys that will bring a Sox top 30 prospect guy.

Are you saying a prospect that will make the Sox top 30 list? They absolutely will with Fedde and Kopech 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MikeKreevich said:

To those of you who suggest the Sox trade Roberts, I suggest you go back to what you do best, delivering uber eats.

For those of you who don’t even know our best player’s last name, I suggest you…

5rqc61qe3k2c1.gif

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Are you saying a prospect that will make the Sox top 30 list? They absolutely will with Fedde and Kopech 

Definitely.  Top 100 MLB prospect?  Questionable.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, T R U said:

He was also on a hot streak that now appears to be over.  Like I mentioned before, I wouldn’t be surprised if his numbers look non-tenderable by the end of the season.  And the Sox continuing to play him out of position in RF will further destroy his WAR.

Edited by WhiteSox2023

Jiménez, 27, has struggled to stay on the field his entire career with the White Sox. He's played over 100 games in just two seasons of his six-year career. His career high for games played in a season is 122, a mark he set his rookie season.

He's a phenomenal talent and is inarguably the team's best bat when he's on the field. But his injury history is detrimental. And because of his injuries, the White Sox are hesitant to play him in the outfield on defense, making him a one-trick pony.

Jiménez's contract is an appealing part of his trade value. He has two more years under club control after this season. Though, he's slated to make $16.5 million per season from those two seasons, a rather high number for his current abilities.

Who writes this stuff?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-white-sox-expected-trade-004323758.html

14 minutes ago, fathom said:

Top 100?  No shot 

He was hot for a few starts, FIP up to 4.53 now  and his last start was brutal against a shitty Cards team. We’ll see what happens, but I agree no way they get a top 100 for him. 

If Fedde calms down and becomes what Clevinger was last year - just a steady guy who can take the ball every 5th day over the last 2 months, paired with a reliever, he could get a guy. He's not Giolito, and there's no myth of Lynn. But if Kenyan Middleton could get Juan Carela, and if Kendall Graveman could bring back Korey Lee, a serviceable Erick Fedde could at least bring back a live bat who could field his position. 

46 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Jiménez, 27, has struggled to stay on the field his entire career with the White Sox. He's played over 100 games in just two seasons of his six-year career. His career high for games played in a season is 122, a mark he set his rookie season.

He's a phenomenal talent and is inarguably the team's best bat when he's on the field. But his injury history is detrimental. And because of his injuries, the White Sox are hesitant to play him in the outfield on defense, making him a one-trick pony.

Jiménez's contract is an appealing part of his trade value. He has two more years under club control after this season. Though, he's slated to make $16.5 million per season from those two seasons, a rather high number for his current abilities.

Who writes this stuff?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rumor-white-sox-expected-trade-004323758.html

tray.

• Haha 1