5/25 Sox vs. Orioles, 1:10 pm

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Sox are 20 out. Remember Jerry owed it to the fans to hire Getz to ensure a quick fix

20 out with no plan.

Sox are probably going to do what everybody suggests on here: get rid of all players not named Robert. That will require management to acquire a new collection of stiffs to start the 2015 season. Any pitcher worth a flip will be traded meaning we'll need a whole new set of starters and relievers. The bullpen will be even worse next year. The hitting will be the same. Sox will win about 40 to 50 games again and we'll all be happy cause we're tanking/rebuilding baby.

Orioles deserve credit for dusting off the White Sox three days in a row. No excuses for them to not sweep.

44 minutes ago, greg775 said:

20 out with no plan.

Sox are probably going to do what everybody suggests on here: get rid of all players not named Robert. That will require management to acquire a new collection of stiffs to start the 2015 season. Any pitcher worth a flip will be traded meaning we'll need a whole new set of starters and relievers. The bullpen will be even worse next year. The hitting will be the same. Sox will win about 40 to 50 games again and we'll all be happy cause we're tanking/rebuilding baby.

Orioles deserve credit for dusting off the White Sox three days in a row. No excuses for them to not sweep.

The plan is to keep making money.

May I suggest that your personal plan should be to outlive current ownership and hope for better times. 

2 hours ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Counterpoint: I think Kopech is emotionally fragile, a bad starter and a worse reliever.

When he throws 100+, he can’t control it. When he throws 96 it gets hit. And he’s a flake. I admit I still care enough to be mad about today’s flop. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cuban_sammiches said:

Counterpoint: I think Kopech is emotionally fragile, a bad starter and a worse reliever.

It amazes me that a cross section of our players have been banished forever,  but a guy with the history of Kopech?  No problem. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It amazes me that a cross section of our players have been banished forever,  but a guy with the history of Kopech?  No problem. 

True, why do people stick by Kopech? He is terrible. By the end of the season we may only have 1-2 players on any other team's radar. I still think Pham could help a team that needs an outfielder with a decent bat like the Royals. Why would anybody want Crochet if he has some pitching inning limit?

56 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's cause they don't care about the game, but Kopech cares too much.

• Haha 2
  • Hawk 1

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

20 out with no plan.

No Robert should be available too.

2 hours ago, MEANS said:

No Robert should be available too.

Geez. I'm still waiting for somebody on the board to instruct greg on the Sox plan with all this?? You do realize the team will have an even worse record next year after the complete destruction of the roster right?

Posted (edited)

.283 winning percentage, Sox are sliding down to 1962 NY Mets suckage. I’ve never been so depressed in my 72 years as a Sox fan, I’ve lived and died with this team and lost countless hours of sleep through the decades. I was born a hop, skip and a jump from Comiskey Park but I’m so close to giving up and not caring anymore. This is what the detestable Jerry Reinsdorf had done to us Sox fans, I’ve never been a fair weather fan and supported this team through thick and thin since 1952 but what Reinsdork and his other clowns have given us this year is a crime. I’ve already given up with the Blackhawks and am a huge TB Lightning fan so it wouldn’t be hard to devote all my energy with the Rays but they really stink this year. I will probably wait until the off-season and see if they spend some money and try to improve the team, if not then it will be good-bye

Edited by The Mighty Mite

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

Geez. I'm still waiting for somebody on the board to instruct greg on the Sox plan with all this?? You do realize the team will have an even worse record next year after the complete destruction of the roster right?

You do realize that the longer they wait to deal Robert, the less value he will have because he always gets hurt.  He isn’t signing a second large contract with the Sox, it’s pretty much over

• Like 3

At end of season MLB should execute a Contraction of the White Sox, sell off all players on the roster, give Jerry his money, and then create a new expansion team in Chicago with new owners.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, oldsox said:

At end of season MLB should execute a Contraction of the White Sox, sell off all players on the roster, give Jerry his money, and then create a new expansion team in Chicago with new owners.

Sounds good but that would never happen.

JR has to sell, tax savings or not, does he not realize he is scum in the minds of Sox fans and probably the most hated man in Chicago, oh wait, Cub fans probably love him.

Edited by The Mighty Mite
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

Does Greg realize Robert is always hurt and he’s not going to be around by the time things get better? To speed up that process make him available and get as much as you can for him. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Milkman delivers said:

Didn’t watch a second of this game, just dropping in to say happy birthday to @Kyyle23!

I haven't watched a second of this season and not sorry I haven't.

Edited by Saufley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, greg775 said:

You're implying that moving on from Maldonado, DeJong, Nicky Lopez, Soroka, and Eloy is "destruction"?