June Catch All White Sox Thread

QUOTE (T R U @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 03:47 AM)
CQ is on pace for 33 doubles, 22 HRs, and 96 RBI all while hitting .207

If Juan Pierre was hitting over .300, I think he would have 40 or so steals right now.. but from what I am looking at, since May 1st Pierre is hitting about .275 with an OBP over .350 which isn't too bad

Pierre seems to be trending back towards his career averages. He should still swipe 50+ bags this year, and if he can keep up his perfomance since May 1st, the idea of acquiring him will look better.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
What makes Ichiro amazing is that he avoided the absolute burn out that so many Japanese players have in the majors. Guys like Shingo, Iguchi, that Mariners closer, etc. have all faded so fast, just like Iwamura has.

Shingo faded because he was old. And the Mariners closer also faded because he was old.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 02:55 PM)
Shingo faded because he was old. And the Mariners closer also faded because he was old.

And Iguchi? A common belief has always been that Japanese players age much worse than others due to the insane practices they have over there as well as pitchers throwing 200 pitches or so in games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 07:59 AM)
And Iguchi? A common belief has always been that Japanese players age much worse than others due to the insane practices they have over there as well as pitchers throwing 200 pitches or so in games.

Well Iguchi wasn't exactly a star in Japan so he was a mediocre player that had a couple solid seasons but quite frankly wasn't all that great/dominant to begin with. Iguchi was one of those guys, and there are many of them, who had a few solid seasons. His only real bad season was 2008.

OK, here is the upcoming schedule for June. It starts with a nice 9 game homestand and then on the road to NL teams

1 June - Texas LOST

2 June - Texas LOST

3 June - Texas WIN

4 June - Cleveland LOST

5 June - Cleveland LOST

6 June - Clelveland WIN

8 June - Detroit LOST

9 June - Detroit WIN

10 June - Detroit WIN

11 June - @ CUBS WIN

12 June - @ CUBS WIN

13 June - @ CUBS LOST

15 June - @ Pirates WIN

16 June - @ Pirates WIN

17 June - @ Pirates

18 June - @ Nationals

19 June - @ Nationals

20 June - @ Nationals

22 June - Braves

23 June - Braves

24 June - Braves

25 June - CUBS

26 June - CUBS

27 June - CUBS

28 June - @ KC

29 June - @ KC

30 June - @ KC

The way I see it anything can and might happen and it is long overdue to be our turn to get a break and get the bats to start waking up. If we can get 2 quality starts in each series and turn them into victories then we have 8 of the 9 series we can potentially win. Of couse this is all speculation but we should be able to feast on the NL (Flubbies included) to the tune of a 11-4 or at least 10-5 record in those 15 games. That is certainly enough to at least get us to the .500 mark. It is a long shot shot but as noted I only see the Rangers series as the difficult one because eventhough the Tribe has owned us that isn´t going to be forever and we always play the Tigers and Royals well. OK Flame Away..

OK we are 8-6 after 14 games with 13 left. I think we have a good shot to go 9-4 in the next 13 (or better with luck) games and finish the month with a record of 39-38 and about 6 games back. Don´t really think we´ll gain much ground on the Twinkies. I think it is a good possibility to sweep the Flubs and the Royals. And the Nats I think we take 2 of 3 and I think we can take 2 of 3 from the Braves.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jun 17, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
OK we are 8-6 after 14 games with 13 left. I think we have a good shot to go 9-4 in the next 13 (or better with luck) games and finish the month with a record of 39-38 and about 6 games back. Don´t really think we´ll gain much ground on the Twinkies. I think it is a good possibility to sweep the Flubs and the Royals. And the Nats I think we take 2 of 3 and I think we can take 2 of 3 from the Braves.

I'd say best case is 8-5. You can't count on sweeps, and the Braves are a really good team. They could easily sweep the Sox if the Sox revert to their form from prior to this little winning streak.

Update to Sox playoffs chances:

Currently 31-34, to reach 90-72:

59-38 (.608 WPCT)

:headbang NATIONAL LEAGUE

(For the twins to hit 90-72, they need to play slightly above .500 and go 52-44, which is a .544 WPCT)

Edited by Real

Greg, I think you should down play this team every chance you get. It's working.

Now say something about this team not being able to sweep the Nationals.

I did doubt the Sox's ability to sweep anybody, but I also believe in the reverse jinx as you know.

Notice I never say anything outlandish predicting wins in a positive way.

That said, there is no way our s***ty lineup can hit the rookie phenom tonight. We stand NO CHANCE.

I did doubt the Sox's ability to sweep anybody, but I also believe in the reverse jinx as you know.

That said, there is no way our s***ty lineup can hit the rookie phenom tonight. We stand NO CHANCE.

Greg, as you say you believe in reverse jinx maybe something like this will happen:

Pierre beats out an infield hit, steals 2nd, move to third on a fly ball. Then scores on a passed ball.

Pierre in 3rd at bat walks, steals 2nd, and gets moved over on a sac bunt, and scores on a fly ball.

We win 2-1 as Gavin pitches lights out!!!

It can happen.

But back to reality.

Edited by chisoxfan09

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:17 AM)

Strasburg will now get lit up apparently.