Sox Will Sell; Everyone But Sale and Konerko on Block

Heads22

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 07:01 PM)
I don't follow other sports this closely, but I'm pretty sure everyone thinks he's a moron. I remember him going on and on during the NBA super summer free agency period about how he'd rather have Wade over LeBron. Really?

Yeah this never happened. I listen to that show almost every day. He is an arrogant douche most of the time but at least he's honest and doesn't have to use the spin of Disney and ESPN. Bernstein is infatuated with Lebron. Always has been. He never wanted anyone on the Bulls more than Lebron.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 06:21 PM)
Good. It's very much needed and overdue. Settle in to suck for a bit, build the farm, and attempt to compete again when Detroit's window is closing.

I think the problem is the personnel on the farm.

2 1 •Reply•Share ›

Josh Conn • 6 days ago −

If I am the Pirates, I should be interested in both Ramirez and Thornton. Jordy Mercer might be the answer at SS, or might not, but Ramirez would be an upgrade for this year for sure. Pirates need another lefty in the pen besides Watson.

•Reply•Share ›

Honey Badger GM • 6 days ago

I feel like the O's will be the team most involved in trading with the ChiSox, with Peavy as a TOR starter, and Beckham/Ramirez better than whatever we throw out there at second on a daily basis. Then again, the O's say that they don't want to give up much (maybe Arrieta), so I don't see how they think they are gonna get anything done.

•Reply•Share ›

PursueYourDream • 6 days ago

Alan Hanson, Nick Kingham, Andy Oliver, Alex Presley, and James McDonald for Rios and Ramirez. Pirates would be dangerous with those two in the lineup.

•Reply•Share ›

jwsox PursueYourDream • 5 days ago

To get rios AND alexi. I would have to assume Hahn would try to get (Jameson) Tallion. Even if it meant the sox eating a chunk of both contracts.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 01:29 AM)
2 1 •Reply•Share ›

Josh Conn • 6 days ago −

If I am the Pirates, I should be interested in both Ramirez and Thornton. Jordy Mercer might be the answer at SS, or might not, but Ramirez would be an upgrade for this year for sure. Pirates need another lefty in the pen besides Watson.

•Reply•Share ›

I feel like the O's will be the team most involved in trading with the ChiSox, with Peavy as a TOR starter, and Beckham/Ramirez better than whatever we throw out there at second on a daily basis. Then again, the O's say that they don't want to give up much (maybe Arrieta), so I don't see how they think they are gonna get anything done.

•Reply•Share ›

Alan Hanson, Nick Kingham, Andy Oliver, Alex Presley, and James McDonald for Rios and Ramirez. Pirates would be dangerous with those two in the lineup.

•Reply•Share ›

To get rios AND alexi. I would have to assume Hahn would try to get (Jameson) Tallion. Even if it meant the sox eating a chunk of both contracts.

Who are these people?

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 04:43 AM)
Who are these people?

Just your average mlbtraderumors "board/article" message posters.

They're generally a step or 2 up from yahoo, although that's not saying much.

Sometimes they do have some interesting ideas, tidbits, gossip/rumors/breaking insider stories.

I kinda like our pitching staff & think it is a staff that you can win with. Obviously, our offense is terrible and needs an overhaul but I kinda hope we keep much of the pitching staff together cause I don't think its impossible to quickly turn around the offense enough to compete over the next couple of years.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 02:17 AM)
He better make the right trades. I still wish he wouldn't trade pitching. Sox are going to be a 60 win team for a long long time to come if he trades off all that pitching.

What do you think he is gonna do, trade Sale, Peavy, Santiago, & Quintana? Stop it. He may trade a starter and a reliever or two, not the whole f***ing staff.

Edited by LittleHurt05

This announcement will make the next 5 weeks a bit more interesting, but, aside from the pitching staff, this team is the rough equivalent of an above average AAA team, at best. I don't think we we will be getting any dazzling offers from other organizations. Still, I like the aggressive stance and hope Hahn is up to it.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 07:43 AM)
This announcement will make the next 5 weeks a bit more interesting, but, aside from the pitching staff, this team is the rough equivalent of an above average AAA team, at best. I don't think we we will be getting any dazzling offers from other organizations. Still, I like the aggressive stance and hope Hahn is up to it.

These players all destroyed AAA. That's why it's a minor league team and they are on a major league team.

I f***ing hate when people say s*** like this.

An "above average AAA" team was the 2003 Tigers. They won 43 games.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 01:29 AM)
2 1 •Reply•Share ›

Josh Conn • 6 days ago −

•Reply•Share ›

•Reply•Share ›

•Reply•Share ›

Lol Taillon

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 08:16 AM)
These players all destroyed AAA. That's why it's a minor league team and they are on a major league team.

I f***ing hate when people say s*** like this.

An "above average AAA" team was the 2003 Tigers. They won 43 games.

And 8 of those wins came against us.

IIRC wasn't that the origin of Corpseball?

They took 2/3 from us is May, then July 8-10 they swept us by scores of 2-1, 4-2, and finally 1-0 following a masterpiece by Esteban Loaiza which just wasn't quite as great as the one painted by Cy Cornejo.

Remember that?

Those were the days.

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

Few things,

Ramirez can play second and third and spent some time (all be it two days I believe in CF) there is a real market for him as he has great versatility

Sale, Santiago, and Quintana are three things you start a rebuild with

This team needs a change in offensive philosophy the TWTW is not the answer OBP is and this team has non of it.

Trade it all right now

Mr Hahn the fans are done with this team, your table is ready, enjoy.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 08:53 AM)
Few things,

Ramirez can play second and third and spent some time (all be it two days I believe in CF) there is a real market for him as he has great versatility

Sale, Santiago, and Quintana are three things you start a rebuild with

This team needs a change in offensive philosophy the TWTW is not the answer OBP is and this team has non of it.

Trade it all right now

Mr Hahn the fans are done with this team, your table is ready, enjoy.

The only way you trade Ramirez and get value for him is as a shortstop.

Also, I'm sure it's the same as the Heyman report, but when it's posted on the front page of the Sox site, it sorta makes it official. http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...ws&c_id=cws

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Nothing really new here. Although, it does seem that rival execs think the SOX players have more value than many here seem to indicate, not that that is of any surprise.

I'm not so easily swayed by the words of journalists.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 27, 2013 -> 11:29 PM)
If anything, Hahn just seems to not be as stubborn as Kenny. Rick realizes this team is hot garbage and it's time for a shakeup.

Expensive hot garbage, which is the worst kind.

Stubborn as Kenny?

Huh?

http://majorleagueaholes.com/2010/12/03/going-for-it/

According to the Tribune, White Sox GM, Kenny Williams, presented two scenarios to team owner, Jerry Reinsdorf; one was shredding salary and putting the team into a transition mode, while the other was going all-in and expanding the payroll. Reinsdorf decided to go all-in which means the White Sox are not done.

That did happen. Kenny was going to start this thing 3 years ago but Jerry, of course being an evil cheapskate, decided to up the Sox payroll to record levels & go for it all.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Jun 28, 2013 -> 10:45 AM)
Stubborn as Kenny?

Huh?

http://majorleagueaholes.com/2010/12/03/going-for-it/

That did happen. Kenny was going to start this thing 3 years ago but Jerry, of course being an evil cheapskate, decided to up the Sox payroll to record levels & go for it all.

And spend nothing on the draft.