Dunn traded to Athletics for Nolan Sanburn

Kyyle23

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Wickel @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 07:43 AM)
You mean Dunn is leaving a clubhouse, front office and team in turmoil.

Transition would be a better word.

Turmoil? Where?

Pretty much all the expected players have been jettisoned, except Belisario (who would want him at this point anyway), Lindstrom (see Belisario) and I have a feeling that Hahn is holding onto Viciedo as a 4th outfielder/emergency starter...obviously hoping to improve LF and that Viciedo can re-establish some potential value next year.

I still think they end up keeping him and giving him one last opportunity, as Beckham got five and one half-years, surely Viciedo gets his fourth with the Sox.

I'm also not sure that Avisail Garcia's going to fly smoothly through all of 2015...they might have to send him back down to AAA for some work on his hitting mechanics because he's going to get exposed with his current approach up there. That said, they will give him the entire off-season, spring training and 3-4 months next season to prove he's the long-term answer in either RF or LF.

Turmoil where? How about starting with the pitching staff? How about the lame bullpen? And both are the result of a non-responsive GM (although he was a major improvement over the beleaguered Kenny W). I, for one, thought we missed a golden opportunity in July to bolster the staff before the trade deadline. Our offense was more than holding its own--although Hahn is slowly dismantling it--and a few strategic moves in the pen and maybe adding a viable No. 4 or No. 5 starter would've worked miracles. Hell, getting a strong No. 3 would have sufficed. We were only six or seven games back at the time, with Abreu burning a a path on the diamond. But this happens every year, probably thanks to the big boss Mr. Reinsdork!

QUOTE (Wickel @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
Turmoil where? How about starting with the pitching staff? How about the lame bullpen? And both are the result of a non-responsive GM (although he was a major improvement over the beleaguered Kenny W). I, for one, thought we missed a golden opportunity in July to bolster the staff before the trade deadline. Our offense was more than holding its own--although Hahn is slowly dismantling it--and a few strategic moves in the pen and maybe adding a viable No. 4 or No. 5 starter would've worked miracles. Hell, getting a strong No. 3 would have sufficed. We were only six or seven games back at the time, with Abreu burning a a path on the diamond. But this happens every year, probably thanks to the big boss Mr. Reinsdork!

4chan has some interesting stuff going on now maybe you'd feel more at home among the other 12 year olds there.

QUOTE (Wickel @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 09:10 AM)

Umm what?

You, my friend, are not well informed on this team's strategic plan.

Although I think your post is completely nonsensical, I think this board could be a great place for you. You'll find that we tend to dig a little deeper into the long-term plan than the average fan. Welcome, and I hope we can help you enjoy the Sox on a deeper level.

Oh good lord. Anyone who expected this team to compete, even with during their hot streaks, was reading WAY too much into some high points in the season. This is, and has always been, a rebuilding year.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 09:22 PM)
HR in first at bat

He'll be the story in all of baseball today. He'll probably hit 20 home runs in September and sign with somebody for 10 million a year next year and excel. That's how it goes for the White Sox since the world championship.

He'll be the story in all of baseball today. He'll probably hit 20 home runs in September and sign with somebody for 10 million a year next year and excel. That's how it goes for the White Sox since the world championship.

I'd much rather these record 20 HR in September go in pursuance of a World Series with Oakland.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 09:42 PM)
I'd much rather these record 20 HR in September go in pursuance of a World Series with Oakland.

Me too but it will be kind of embarrassing if he bashes 15-20 home runs in September and during the postseason. If that happens, maybe Robin should be canned, not getting the best out of some of these guys like DeAza, Beckham, Dunn.

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
A player like Adam Dunn does not have his performance effected in any way by the manager. I doubt being around Bob Melvin for 12 hours prompted that HR.

it was the Adam Dunnest HR of all time. On 90% of days in the bay area it's a long fly ball out. Ball is carrying well there today. I wish Dunn the best I hope he carries them to the playoffs and retires a champion.

I've been a rabid Sox fan for years, and I hate the term "rebuilding." When you're competing at this level, there is no such thing IMO. I respect Eminor's comment that this is a deep-thinking forum. That's a good think and I look forward to future discussions. What I don't appreciate are the drive-by zingers. There's always a slander assassin in every forum, as in Chitownsportsfan. But then again, his avatar says it all. And, hey, I never said we were strong contenders, but there was a glimmer of hope. With the additon of Abreu and the emergence of Gillespie and the toughness of Sale, who knows what could have happened. We were 14 back two days again, now we're back down to 12.5. When the Indians-Royals game goes final, it'll be 12. Hey, I'm a dreamer. So what. Miracles happen. I love the White Sox. We're all in this together. Let's go get 'em.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Sep 1, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
it was the Adam Dunnest HR of all time. On 90% of days in the bay area it's a long fly ball out. Ball is carrying well there today. I wish Dunn the best I hope he carries them to the playoffs and retires a champion.

2 for 3 with a HBP, HR , 2 RBI.