Sox acquire Jeff Samardzija and Michael Ynoa

Rooftop Shots

Danish could be just being a super nice guy and congratulating the White Sox on acquiring Shark for him. He seems like he's that type. But it would definitely change my opinion of this deal. Semien and Danish is too much IMO

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
Jose Abreu being an MVP type player changed the plan.

So true. Add in the fact that you have your top two pitchers signed at well below market value and now makes it a great time to get those balls closer to the wall

Ryan Dempster - "If the Cubs add Jon Lester, they immediately become 15-20 wins better"

*In related news, Dempster projects Lester to pitch 500 innings next season, strike out 600 batters and only walk 30, while keeping his ERA until 1.00*

What an idiot.

Dempster's the biggest windbag on that Network.

I like Danish a lot, but he was a great candidate to trade. Still an unconventional delivery and unconventional stats. I was excited to see how far hsi extreme ground ball rate and everything would go, but that could disappear quickly.

EDIT: DANISH DANISH DANISH

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:32 PM)
I like Semien a lot, but he was a great candidate to trade. Still an unconventional delivery and unconventional stats. I was excited to see how far hsi extreme ground ball rate and everything would go, but that could disappear quickly.

?

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 08:30 PM)
You don't sign LaRoche and trade for Samardzija and go into the season without an established closer.

If we don't sign an established closer, then heads should roll, haha. We have zero people we can count on in-house. I still don't get why we'd spend all that money on Duke when guys like Miller got more years and more money but not that much more from an AAV perspective.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 8, 2014 -> 10:28 PM)
And 0 WAR would be what? 5 wins 7 wins?

5-7 pitching wins? I have no idea, because pitching wins are largely random. Quintana had a 5.3 WAR last season and had 9 pitching wins. Eric Stultz had a -0.6 WAR last season and had 8 pitching wins. They don't have any impact or correlation to WAR.