Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
I will be very, very angry if Jeff Samardzija is re-signed by this team. I don't believe they have $20 million a year to spend...but if they do, give me a position player for God's sake. Heyward or Gordon or someone that will actually help the weaknesses on this team.

"The 2016 white sox. Just like last year, but vastly more expensive!"

You're already very, very angry.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Trust me, Sox will be shipping him to Toronto, so those of you who study it, what would be a proper return from the Jays? What would be the least that would satisfy you?

Jeff Hoffman, Miguel Castro, and Nick Wells.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
Overpaying for Todd Frazier or Cano is the last thing this team needs.

Too much hero worship - way too much. And they hit 30 and start crapping 0ut. You buy one of them, you use bullets that could have covered multiple positions and you're stuck some bad contract. That's not how to build a team.

The team needs solid major leaguers. That should be the goal.

Once you have that, THEN find a hero if that can put you over the top.

Solid major leaguers are traded - Cervelli was traded for a relief pitcher; Michael Saunders would have fit perfectly with us (I realize he got hurt) and he was acquired for a 30+ year old who is as mediocre a starter as you can get.

Michael Saunders has not been solid. How would he have fit perfectly? The Sox aren't short of guys they pay millions to do nothing.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
Montas was scheduled to start in AA tonight...he has since been scratched. BlackSox suggests it may be to replace Johnson in AAA, who will replace Shark.

Sounds reasonable.

or they are packaging Johnson and Montas in a trade................................................

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 01:57 AM)
Watch it be Samardzija/Danks/Putnam for Barnes, Ethier and A ball pitcher. :shades

Edit: this should have been posted in the crazy trades thread.

an excellent way to think outside the box.

Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but a Cueto trade to the Royals nearly happened yesterday. Apparently one of the guys the Reds would have received had some red flags in their medicals so the trade was called off (for now). Have not seen any other details on parameters of the trade.

Looks like we might see some movement on the Shark front as soon as today.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 06:03 AM)
Not sure if this was posted anywhere, but a Cueto trade to the Royals nearly happened yesterday. Apparently one of the guys the Reds would have received had some red flags in their medicals so the trade was called off (for now). Have not seen any other details on parameters of the trade.

I would guess Mondesi, Jr., has to be one of those names.

The Reds will need a replacement for Phillips soon enough...and there's a possibility they deal Frazier, although after the All-Star game, he's become even more of the "franchise player" than ever for that organization, and they still might deal Cueto, Chapman and Bruce.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:03 AM)

I posted the cueto to royals in non white sox rumors thread.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Watch it be Samardzija/Danks/Putnam for Barnes, Ethier and A ball pitcher. :shades

Edit: this should have been posted in the crazy trades thread.

I think Shark goes to Blue Jays so that package doesn't work. I would assume Dank's no trade blocks Toronto.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 09:21 AM)
I think Shark goes to Blue Jays so that package doesn't work. I would assume Dank's no trade blocks Toronto.

The package doesn't work because the package is based on a trade with the Dodgers who are looking for two starting pitchers and looking to trade one of their many outfielders. Another thing is, who said anything about Danks going to Toronto? Was not me.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 5m5 minutes ago

Sources: #BlueJays still talking to #Brewers about Fiers. TOR numerous balls in air: Samardzija, Cueto, Price if he becomes available, etc.

Ben Nicholson Smith is on Hit and Run. He mentioned guys like Aaron Sanchez, Dalton Pompey, and Anthony Alford as the type of piece the White Sox would expect in return for Samardzija.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 04:10 PM)
Ben Nicholson Smith is on Hit and Run. He mentioned guys like Aaron Sanchez, Dalton Pompey, and Anthony Alford as the type of piece the White Sox would expect in return for Samardzija.

2 outfielders and a pitcher.....

ok.

many thanks on this update.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)

1 of those 3, as getting 2 of those seems like it would be a miracle trade

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
It was Zimmer who had the questionable medicals in KC.

Now there are three names that have been thrown out there by Rosenthal and the KC Star.

Kyle Zimmer, Sean Manaea and Bubba Starling, who just got hurt running into the wall last week in AA.

Both those pitchers have had injury issues coming into this year.

Other names being mentioned are Finnegan and Mondesi, Jr.