AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
Quintana's bad luck ran it's course for at least one game.

That Chris Carter double and Bonifacio throw are things that would only happen with him on the mound, though :lol:

Edited by Jose Abreu

jeez, i just got on to look at the score for both chi teams ..... and chi looking good.

now my amazement ...... looking at the today's lineup, how did the sox put up 4 runs, let alone win tonite's game.

we this team is going good, it really is going good.

yesss put that on the board.

I think Shuck has earned some more playing time as well.

Here's a plan:

DFA Boni (someone will claim him and maybe more than one, work out a trade pickup 500k whatever, he's not being used properly and he sucks anyways)

Call up Micah

Micah and Sanchez form a semi strict platoon and Sanchez is the primary backup at SS instead of Beckham.

Shuck and Soto now start 2-3 times a week.

This team really needs to squeeze every damn bit of WAR they can out of this pile of suck they have at 2B and C.

Who cares about development right now make the damn 2nd wildcard.

FWIW, over the past 2 seasons, his partial one last year and now this one, Avi's isoD is like .60

That's pretty good. He gets hit quite a bit and he takes just enough walks that combined with his high average (I think he'll always hit at least around 280, with some seasons up around 310) that's going to result in a OBP of around 350-380. Not bad.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
FWIW, over the past 2 seasons, his partial one last year and now this one, Avi's isoD is like .60

That's pretty good. He gets hit quite a bit and he takes just enough walks that combined with his high average (I think he'll always hit at least around 280, with some seasons up around 310) that's going to result in a OBP of around 350-380. Not bad.

What about his TWTW

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 10:54 PM)
I think Shuck has earned some more playing time as well.

Here's a plan:

DFA Boni (someone will claim him and maybe more than one, work out a trade pickup 500k whatever, he's not being used properly and he sucks anyways)

Call up Micah

Micah and Sanchez form a semi strict platoon and Sanchez is the primary backup at SS instead of Beckham.

Shuck and Soto now start 2-3 times a week.

This team really needs to squeeze every damn bit of WAR they can out of this pile of suck they have at 2B and C.

Who cares about development right now make the damn 2nd wildcard.

I don't think any team will claim Boni.

Since being 8-14, they have played 4 over .500 without playing well. Rodon in the rotation helps. Sale, IMO, getting up to speed after missing spring training helps. Q is been much better lately. Get Samardjiza going, some guys starting to hit better, and who knows what happens. As great as everyone wants to make out the AL Central, each team has some major flaws. The fact that the Sox probably have a much better record than they should I find encouraging. They have to regress to the mean which would mean some guys are really going to be playing pretty well soon. There is no question in my mind Melky will be much better. Eaton will be much better. Alexei will be much better. Abreu will be much better. To me the key is Samardjiza. If he starts pitching like they thought he would when acquired, it is going to be hard to beat this team. That would be 4 top guys. It is so funny how little respect Q gets. The advanced numbers say for the past 3 1/2 seasons, he's been just as good as Jon Lester. Yet he makes more than $100 million less, and is younger.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 08:50 AM)
Since being 8-14, they have played 4 over .500 without playing well. Rodon in the rotation helps. Sale, IMO, getting up to speed after missing spring training helps. Q is been much better lately. Get Samardjiza going, some guys starting to hit better, and who knows what happens. As great as everyone wants to make out the AL Central, each team has some major flaws. The fact that the Sox probably have a much better record than they should I find encouraging. They have to regress to the mean which would mean some guys are really going to be playing pretty well soon. There is no question in my mind Melky will be much better. Eaton will be much better. Alexei will be much better. Abreu will be much better. To me the key is Samardjiza. If he starts pitching like they thought he would when acquired, it is going to be hard to beat this team. That would be 4 top guys. It is so funny how little respect Q gets. The advanced numbers say for the past 3 1/2 seasons, he's been just as good as Jon Lester. Yet he makes more than $100 million less, and is younger.

This is how I see it. There's certainly no guarantee that all the stuff the should happen actually will happen, but we are far, far from the point where the team has no chance to win. We're 58 games into a 162 game season and two under .500.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jun 11, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Just reminds me of every season ever, where we are hovering 2 games above or below 500, 4-5 games out and thinking "well if we just put together one hot run!".

Would be nice to see that happen.

That's very true. This is the time to get hot--right now.

If they get to 42-39 at the half point, I think a second half 46-35 for 88 wins is a possibility...especially if they're in a position to pick up a bat in late July.

So 14-9 starting tomorrow night. Get hot.