AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win. Good to see the team go out and compete this season. Should be interesting to see how we fare against KC and Detroit this year. The Royals' win tonight figures to get them going again. Head to head games in the Central obviously will decide our decision.

Releasing Danks is another sign the Sox are here to make some noise this year. In the past they'd have kept him around even if he was getting shelled.

Another solid game...solid pitching, great defense.

Defense wins championships and the Sox flashed the leather tonight.

Looking very, very good right now against a killer first five weeks of the schedule.

Mark

Going by fWAR, the Flying Serpent is the best pitcher in the AL, ahead of Chris Sale.

Fangraphs doesnt update their leaderboards until the AM. Quintana was the best pitcher in the AL by fWAR going into tonight's game... I can only assume he's going to climb even higher now.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 3, 2016 -> 11:48 PM)
Fangraphs doesnt update their leaderboards until the AM. Quintana was the best pitcher in the AL by fWAR going into tonight's game... I can only assume he's going to climb even higher now.

Yeah, I was accounting for that.

Going into tonight he was 1.3, Sale 1.2

I love Sale, but if Q could keep it up and win the Cy Young that would be the most satisfying damn thing other than a World Series title.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ May 3, 2016 -> 09:10 PM)
Abreu officially out of slump (if it wasn't official before). Elite hitters like him don't stay bad for too long.

He's a smart guy when it comes to hitting, that's for sure. I noticed that he started going pretty much exclusively oppo with his atbat until he had his timing down. Kong did the same thing when he was slumping

Yeah, I was screening for LH hitters specifically....that took out the closest competition in Dexter Fowler, etc.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/sort/WARBR/order/true

Currently at 2.2 with Arenado at 2.0. Ten other players from 1.9-1.5, including the unforgettable Aledmys Diaz. Where do the Cardinals always find guys like that seemingly every season? Hazelbaker? It's uncanny.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 4, 2016 -> 07:16 AM)
Yeah, I was screening for LH hitters specifically....that took out the closest competition in Dexter Fowler, etc.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/sort/WARBR/order/true

Currently at 2.2 with Arenado at 2.0. Ten other players from 1.9-1.5, including the unforgettable Aledmys Diaz. Where do the Cardinals always find guys like that seemingly every season? Hazelbaker? It's uncanny.

Hey, we found Quintana!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 3, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
White Sox a season high 11 games over .500

White Sox the first AL team to 19 wins, no other team has more than 15 in the AL.

Q has 5 decisions in 6 starts.

This is the most shocking stat of all.

For those at home, hard to describe how incredible the Eaton catch was. Off that bat that ball was smoked and Eaton was fairly shallow. I actually said "He's not gonna catch that" and as I was saying it he made up like 20 yards and threw his arm up and caught it. I couldn't believe it.

For out of towners - I definitely recommend trying to get to a game this yera to see Eaton/Jackson in CF. Apparently numbers don't like Jackson now but they are awesome to watch live.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:10 AM)
For those at home, hard to describe how incredible the Eaton catch was. Off that bat that ball was smoked and Eaton was fairly shallow. I actually said "He's not gonna catch that" and as I was saying it he made up like 20 yards and threw his arm up and caught it. I couldn't believe it.

For out of towners - I definitely recommend trying to get to a game this yera to see Eaton/Jackson in CF. Apparently numbers don't like Jackson now but they are awesome to watch live.

Absolutely. He made a perfect read on that ball. If he hesitates for a second, it is over his head and it is a triple.

Question - was the announcing teams commenting on the brutal pace of that 8th inning? Two replays + just unbearable pace from their pitchers + 44 pitches total.

We thought we'd be out of there at 930, but that was a 40 minute inning. Sucked the life out of the stadium even as it was bases loaded 1 out.