5/10 - White Sox @ Rangers Game Thread

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did that really just happen???

Waiting for Greg's "fireable" offense comments, lol. I know, I know...it was Jackson's fault, and Carroll's fault, and Albers' fault, not Ventura's.

NEVER EVER QUIT, perfect motto for the Rangers...this SUCKS.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:37 PM)
Yes a five run lead in the eighth after we went twelve the night before...for Pete sake if you can't trust Carroll for that than he shouldn't be on the roster. Their isn't a pitcher in the bigs (or shouldn't be) who couldn't be expected to handle a five run lead in the ninth. s*** happens...need to overcomes.

Correct. And Albers should be trusted to not let up the runs as well. Of course, Jackson should have also caught that ball.

Did that really just happen???

Waiting for Greg's "fireable" offense comments, lol. I know, I know...it was Jackson's fault, and Carroll's fault, and Albers' fault, not Ventura's.

NEVER EVER QUIT, perfect motto for the Rangers...this SUCKS.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:40 PM)
nothing will top this game as the most frustrating

I have NO idea what AJ was doing on that ball hit to center.. going to cost us the game

Stop acting like this was some can of corn that he blew. It was a running play back to the wall. He jumped a bit early on that. Its a lot harder of a play than people are making it to be.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 11, 2016 -> 05:40 AM)
Maybe actually use your mlb pitchers instead of AAA junk pitchers and you actually could win.

Just think Rodon did better in 7 innings then the bullpen did in 1

Pitched our mop up man in a game we were winning.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 10, 2016 -> 11:41 PM)
You can blame Albers for not pitching well. But it was clear they were not ready to even pitch before the damn inning. The team had almost mailed this one in thinking they had it. That's on the coaching staff.

He was literally sitting down with his sweatshirt on when Carroll put the first guy on. Robin had Putnam ready and rushed Albers, this whole 8th inning was totally mishandled

I'm not going to completely melt down because of all the wins we've had, but the first mistake tonight and the hugest mistake was (obviously) putting Carroll in the game.

You can't expect to win a major league game on the road pitching a guy like Carroll. Putting in a guy with the talent of a Carroll encourages a good team like the Rangers to not write this one off as an L just yet!

Like I said, team has to shake this one off. You are going to blow games in the course of a season. Obviously Austin Jackson got a bad read but like they say defense suffers when pitchers keep you out there forever.

Horrible loss ... man up and move on.

Like I said it's difficult to blow a five run lead that late in the game and we did it.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 11, 2016 -> 05:41 AM)
Yeah he should have brought in Albers sooner. He was fantastic. Where did you lose all your sense? The bullpen was taxed. Everyone's favorite came in let everyone on base score and 2 more.

He had Duke and Putnam up right away. Carroll makes those guys look like Pedro.