Offseason Part 2 - Lets the Rumors & Action Begin

Chisoxfn

2 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I don’t think so. It looks like they are tearing it down and building around Buxton.

Not tearing it down. They just traded their first rounder for Sonny Gray today. Retooling and free up space for a signing is my guess.

Just now, thxfrthmmrs said:

Not tearing it down. They just traded their first rounder for Sonny Gray today. Retooling and free up space for a signing is my guess.

They still need so much pitching tho and there is so little left. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Yeah, why try to get better after a first round humiliation.  Thanks for expert analysis Steve!

Well getting better defensively to me doesn't mean putting Gavin Sheets into RF. Guy had -2 DRS in a very limited showcase. That's brutal. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They still need so much pitching tho and there is so little left. 

Yeah I think someone posted on here earlier that the Twins are just looking forward to 2023 or something along those lines. Either way they are shedding salary for something. Either a rebuild or a big signing but they still need more pitching.

Edited by maloney.adam

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They're rebuilding .Out with the old big contracts get a smaller one back in Sanchez then dump his too. I mean if you can't live with a 1 yr. $7.5 M contract that's a rebuild.

You don’t trade for Gray then

1 minute ago, maloney.adam said:

Yeah I think someone posted on here earlier that the Twins are just looking forward to 2023 or something in those lines. Either way they are shedding salary for something.

Why did they just trade their last 1st rounder for a SP with 2 years control then? Doesn’t make any sense….yet anyways. It’s definitely interesting. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Why did they just trade their last 1st rounder for a SP with 2 years control then? Doesn’t make any sense….yet anyways. It’s definitely interesting. 

It doesn’t make any sense but maybe they are going after Bryant since they got rid of Donaldson. Just a swap.

Edited by maloney.adam