GAMETHREAD 4/26/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Lynch vs Keuchel) 6:10 pm CDT

Capn12

Well, because I'm a glutton for punishment, I'll let me extreme loathing of all things Dallas Keuchel subside long enough, to post a new GT. Pretty sure I know how this one will end, but lets....'enjoy'....it, I guess! Lineups posted when available.
FRSsaqUXsAQKUi8?format=jpg&name=4096x409

giphy.gif

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I expect the offense to wake up a bit in this one. Just need Dallas to give us four or five without a major meltdown. I think the streak ends today.

I agree that the offense wakes up, but I’ll refrain from any predictions about Dallas other than he’ll likely blame his teammates if things go south.

• Like 1

To TRL: please do not bat Leury Garcia ahead of Andrew Vaughn in tonight's lineup. Garcia needs to be batting 9th! This petty nonsense has to stop! If you are a HOF'er manager, than start acting like one!

I hope this is the last attempt at "insanity" by throwing Keuchel out there and thinking a different result will happen. I pray he does well, but if he doesn't and gets hammered again, then get rid of him and eat the damn money.

The bats need to come alive and the bullpen needs step up and hold on to leads.

1 minute ago, CentralChamps21 said:

I am going to my first game since 2019. I had sworn I would not give them my money until TLR was gone but it's my best friend's birthday so I'm going for him. Of course it's during a 7 game losing streak, Keuchel pitching, and it's cold.

As the old adage goes, "No good deed goes unpunished"! LOL

8 minutes ago, The Kids Can Play said:

To TRL: please do not bat Leury Garcia ahead of Andrew Vaughn in tonight's lineup. Garcia needs to be batting 9th! This petty nonsense has to stop! If you are a HOF'er manager, than start acting like one!

I hope this is the last attempt at "insanity" by throwing Keuchel out there and thinking a different result will happen. I pray he does well, but if he doesn't and gets hammered again, then get rid of him and eat the damn money.

The bats need to come alive and the bullpen needs step up and hold on to leads.

It’s unclear that Cueto or Lambert is a better option.  VV is what he is, he’s not suddenly going to transform into 2003 Esteban Loiaza by adding a cutter in-season.  Kade McClure is even more of a desperation gamble to throw out there.

Keuchel will get until mid-to-late May…at least until there’s a much better replacement option or trade available from one of the rebuilding organizations that makes sense.

Edited by caulfield12

5 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

It’s unclear that Cueto or Lambert is a better option.  VV is what he is, he’s not suddenly going to transform into 2003 Esteban Loiaza by adding a cutter in-season.  Kade McClure is even more of a desperation gamble to throw out there.

Keuchel will get until mid-to-late May…at least until there’s a much better replacement option or trade available from one of the rebuilding organizations that makes sense.

I'd rather just go with an opener-ala the Rays than Keuchel.  I'd also rather see Lambert, Cueto, or Steve Stone in there rather than Keuchel

• Like 1

Part of me wants the Sox to right the ship this game.

Another part of me wants Leury in the #3 spot to strikeout 3 times (despite the fact that I do appreciate Leury for what he would bring to a team in a properly utilized role) and Keuchel to get imploded, just to watch the resulting anarchy as TLR handwaves things as all going according to plan or something.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

Part of me wants the Sox to right the ship this game.

Another part of me wants Leury in the #3 spot to strikeout 3 times (despite the fact that I do appreciate Leury for what he would bring to a team in a properly utilized role) and Keuchel to get imploded, just to watch the resulting anarchy as TLR handwaves things as all going according to plan or something.

• Haha 1

Gas Can Kuechel, yay!

looks like Adolfo is not ready to take advantage of opportunity. Hitting .143.  The week I guess. Rutherford on fire though hitting homers and batting .412

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.southsidesox.com/platform/amp/2022/4/26/23039674/chicago-white-sox-weekly-minor-league-update-april-18-24

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Oh, and Yolbert Sanchez promoted AAA. He’ll  be up sooner or later. Probably better than Leury and Mendick. Not that he could get past TLR first.

Still boggles my mind Rick Hahn gave Leury 3 guaranteed years.  Knowing he had options coming up on the farm or even 1 year cheap replacement option in Free Agency like the guy he ended up getting (Harrison). 

This move and the guaranteed contract for Velasquez reminds me of Ryan Pace and his overpay on back-up QBs who clearly had minimal market.

Rich Hahn should be fired. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Still boggles my mind Rick Hahn gave Leury 3 guaranteed years.  Knowing he had options coming up on the farm or even 1 year cheap replacement option in Free Agency like the guy he ended up getting (Harrison). 

This move and the guaranteed contract for Velasquez reminds me of Ryan Pace and his overpay on back-up QBs who clearly had minimal market.

Rich Hahn should be fired. 

Leury was a very stupid contract immediately pretty much on every part of it.  I said I wouldn't touch 3/12. womp.  Harrison and Velasquez just made no fucking sense.  

• Like 1