GAMETHREAD 4/28/22: KC Royals at ChiSox (Keller vs Kopech) 1:10 pm CDT

maloney.adam

45 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

What I expect the lineup to be:

Anderson 7, Robert 8, Abreu DH, Grandal 2, Vaughn 9, Sheets 3, Pollock 9, Garcia 4, Harrison 5

Tony will have to bench Jake Burger after yesterday. 

Leury back in the lineup but batting 9th. 

You know I was thinking last night while driving around....what if they did have discussion with Tony about how much he is playing Leury and he said "what are you talking about?  I don't want to play him so much, I thought you did considering that 3 year contract you just gave him."

7 minutes ago, wegner said:

You know I was thinking last night while driving around...

I don't know why, but this part of your post is cracking me up. The way you said "driving around" (instead of driving home) makes it sound like you just got in your car to drive around and have some deep thoughts about TLR and Rick Hahn.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I don't know why, but this part of your post is cracking me up. The way you said "driving around" (instead of driving home) makes it sound like you just got in your car to drive around and have some deep thoughts about TLR and Rick Hahn.

I did that when my daughter was an infant because it was the only way to get her to fall asleep. 😁

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

44 minutes ago, wegner said:

Leury back in the lineup but batting 9th. 

You know I was thinking last night while driving around....what if they did have discussion with Tony about how much he is playing Leury and he said "what are you talking about?  I don't want to play him so much, I thought you did considering that 3 year contract you just gave him."

If I liked the manager I'd say he was retaliating for the signing and sticking it to the front office. 

22 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I mean it is Tony, so you never know what he is trying to prove on any given day.

Good point. He used to play pitchers in RF, mostly Todd Worrell if memory serves correctly,  when he wanted to bring a lefty in to face one batter and wanted him to face the next hitter.

Edited by ptatc