TA out 3 weeks

southsider2k5

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

He has been neither healthy, nor a guy has been even decent much lately, which is why no one wanted to give him a real contract.  Factor in pitching half of his games in SF recently, and it gets really scary. 

He’s been fine this year. He doesn’t need to be an ace, just a respectable #5 will suffice.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I remember back in April when 90% of this site was fawning over the godly Byron Buxton and many saying the Sox didn’t have a single player on the roster close to his talent level. Flash forward a month and Buxton is hitting .203 with the same fWAR as Robert lol. Baseball is a LONG season and there’s still a ton of ball left to play. Things can look very different three months from now than they look today.

You're seriously gloating and laughing because Buxton is slugging .508, a wRC+ of 127, has 2 times the number of HR's as the Sox top guy, is one of the best CF defensively in MLB, and his fWAR would be 2nd best on the team,  because some of us wanted him ?

• Fire 2

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

You're seriously gloating and laughing because Buxton is slugging .508, a wRC+ of 127, has 2 times the number of HR's as the Sox top guy, is one of the best CF defensively in MLB, and his fWAR would be 2nd best on the team,  because some of us wanted him ?

I’m laughing because the board had him as the lock for AL MVP and a top 3 player in MLB a month ago…

11 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

I’m laughing because the board had him as the lock for AL MVP and a top 3 player in MLB a month ago…

If you can find a post that had him as a lock more power to you. Any baseball fan knows that early signs of greatness may not be achieved in the end. Even the talking heads speculate on early season greatness and talk about favorites for awards way too early.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

21 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is going to be a lot harder to click with so many players hurt.  That affects the talent level.  And again, this team just doesn't seem to be interested in playing for anything this year. 

Last year was easy for them.    Teams that clinched early didn't go far.  That is like a curse.   I guess this year is growing pains and groin strains.

Is there any other team as brittle? 

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

If you can find a post that had him as a lock more power too you. Any baseball fan knows that early signs of greatness may not be achieved in the end. Even the talking heads speculate on early season greatness and talk about favorites for awards way to early.

There were posts making definite statements like the Sox have no one nearly as good as Buxton back in April. It was laughable…

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

10 Day IL.  Is it possible this isn't as serious an injury as we thought and he'll be back later this month?

I’m not sure it really makes much difference. They normally don’t put a guy on the 60-IL initially. I’m still very worried he will be out a while and this is strictly formality swapping Robert off the IL.

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I’m not sure it really makes much difference. They normally don’t put a guy on the 60-IL initially. I’m still very worried he will be out a while and this is strictly formality swapping Robert off the IL.

Yeah, until I hear Hahn say its a grade 1 strain and he's week to week, I am still VERY concerned. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah, until I hear Hahn say its a grade 1 strain and he's week to week, I am still VERY concerned. 

He could be placed on the 10 day IL and be out for 90 days, no reason why that's not possible. They would only move a guy to the 60 day IL when they needed the roster spot - the only reason to put a guy on the 60 day IL right away today would be if you're confident he's going for surgery and will be out for well over 2 months, which seems unlikely.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

He could be placed on the 10 day IL and be out for 90 days, no reason why that's not possible. They would only move a guy to the 60 day IL when they needed the roster spot - the only reason to put a guy on the 60 day IL right away today would be if you're confident he's going for surgery and will be out for well over 2 months, which seems unlikely.

How many openings they have on 40 man? 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

1 from the DFA of Dallas so far.

Ok, I'm confused. There are exactly 40 names on the White Sox's 40 man roster on their website unless I miscounted repeatedly/.

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/roster/40-man

Crochet, Stiever, and Lynn are all listed. 

Who is on the 40 man that isn't listed as on the 40 man by the White Sox?

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Ok, I'm confused. There are exactly 40 names on the White Sox's 40 man roster on their website unless I miscounted repeatedly/.

Cease and Graveman are temporarily off the 40, so they'll need two of those three spots when they come back.

They'll need one for Lynn. Won't need one for Crochet. Not sure about Stiever.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Crochet shows 60 day IL next to his name, so he isn't counted.

Just now, CentralChamps21 said:

Cease and Graveman are temporarily off the 40, so they'll need two of those three spots when they come back.

They'll need one for Lynn. Won't need one for Crochet. Not sure about Stiever.

Got it, so they're at 39, with an open spot for Lynn. Thanks!

9 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

True. But why do the retroactive if it will be a long absence? 

If the absence was elongated in anyway, they'd be able to put him on the 60 day IL with an earlier activation date if they make it retroactive.

That said, based on the lack of word from the White Sox this sounds like a regular strain and I'd guess he's back by end of June.

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Not sure what the scenario is where 190/.200/.276/.476 qualifies as genius is, but I don't think this is it.  I would go with signing one of the guys like Baez or Story to a contract where they could now be playing SS as a better situation, but hey.  You do you.

The "genius" is just that that contract commitment exceeds what a utility stopgap replacement guy would warrant *unless* something ridiculously unforseen were to befall the team - and guess what happened? I think the "genius" is really "luck" but in the end the bitter irony is that TLR and the FO can now say "SEE why we did it?", when until now then the idiocy of that commitment was inarguable and undefendable.

Edited by SpringfieldFan

• Heads22 changed the title to TA out 3 weeks
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic