Sox Actively Shopping Viciedo

Heads22

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 08:02 AM)
Someone on Twitter (Maybe Merkin?) suggested the Sox should trade Viciedo for a comp draft pick, I would take that in a deal.

Every single poster here would take a comp pick, the problem is a comp draft pick is worth more than Viciedo making a deal unlikely.

Honestly, let's hope for a reliever or lottery ticket prospect and call it a day.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 08:20 AM)
Every single poster here would take a comp pick, the problem is a comp draft pick is worth more than Viciedo making a deal unlikely.

Honestly, let's hope for a reliever or lottery ticket prospect and call it a day.

Amen!

It's just good to know there's no place for Viciedo on this team. He's a losing player, just like Dunn and Rios were/are.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 08:22 AM)
Amen!

It's just good to know there's no place for Viciedo on this team. He's a losing player, just like Dunn and Rios were/are.

He'll be gone soon enough IMO, adding Melky pretty much takes away all our leverage that we're serious about using Dayan as a starter next year.

Also, SouthSideSox mentioned in an article recently that we could DFA Viciedo prior to spring training and only be on the book for like $750k. Again, I'm sure he'll be gone before then, but nice to know our risk is limited if there are no buyers.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
He'll be gone soon enough IMO, adding Melky pretty much takes away all our leverage that we're serious about using Dayan as a starter next year.

Also, SouthSideSox mentioned in an article recently that we could DFA Viciedo prior to spring training and only be on the book for like $750k. Again, I'm sure he'll be gone before then, but nice to know our risk is limited if there are no buyers.

That is nice to hear, didn't know that. I can't imagine Bonifacio would cost much more than what's left from DV's contract.

Edited by AlSoxfan

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 03:20 PM)

i see it this way, org are reluctant to give prospects / players now. so the only

way to at least get something good in rtn, let the sox settle for a comp pick.

the comp pick help with the draft, building for the future. getting more bodies

in the farm.

What does Dayan figure to get in arbitration? Melky, Eaton, and Avi figure to be the every day outfield, so what do we figure the payroll cap is on a 4th OF?

He's projected to get $4M, but apparently the Sox can cut him and pay only part of that. There is zero chance he stays on the Sox now that Melky is signed.

QUOTE (ChrisLikesBaseball @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 09:35 AM)
What does Dayan figure to get in arbitration? Melky, Eaton, and Avi figure to be the every day outfield, so what do we figure the payroll cap is on a 4th OF?

I wouldn't be too concerned, Viciedo will be traded and its likely Shuck or Jordan Danks will be the fourth OF.

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 08:36 AM)
Personally rather keep Tank, cheap contract, somewhat respectable numbers, nice bat off the bench and can be used at DH, 1B, 3B, LF, and RF I feel, our bench isn't too great (Nieto, Sanchez), please keep Tank, let's keep our bench and Cuban connection strong

There's a reason he was moved from 3b and he's never played 1b and he's a horrible defensive of. Not exactly a guy to bring off the bench to play any of those positions.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
Shuck doesn't play CF and Danks is LH. I think they go with a RH hitting backup OF

Honestly, Melky & Eaton are both decent against LHP. I'd rather have my 4th OF be left-handed, so I could rest Avi against tough righties. I think the other two bench spots will have to be right-handed guys simply because of Conor & LaRoche.

Also, I thought Shuck could play all three OF positions.

Eaton, Melky and Garcia are all guys who are going to start just about every day. The most important thing I want in my backup OF is being able to play all three positions well defensively. Danks fits that criteria. What hand he hits with, or how well he even hits at all, are secondary considerations.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 10:32 AM)
Eaton, Melky and Garcia are all guys who are going to start just about every day. The most important thing I want in my backup OF is being able to play all three positions well defensively. Danks fits that criteria. What hand he hits with, or how well he even hits at all, are secondary considerations.

Especially CF as Eaton has shown a tendency to need time off due to various small injuries. Danks still fits that.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Dec 14, 2014 -> 12:20 PM)
Enrique Rojas/ESPN ‏@Enrique_Rojas1 45m45 minutes ago Florida, US

Nadie ofreció 4 años y Melky Cabrera escogió oferta de equipo menos alejado del este de USA. Será un #WhiteSox y no #Mariners

Translation: No one offered 4 years, so Melky went with the furthest East team that offered 3. Thus knocking out the Mariners.

Que?