Cubs-Mets (Better Team) NLCS

Panerista

Who wins  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 11:11 AM)
I really like the Mets chances based on their pitching and i think Mets hitters match up well against cubs pitching. With Harvey going in game 1 I wouldn't mind seeing Colon for game 2 with Snydergaard for game 3 and DeGrom game 4. With Colon throwing much slower than the other three it could throw the cub hitters off for game two.

Go Mets!

Harvey G1

Syndergaard G2

DeGrom G3

Matz G4

Harvey G5

Syndergaard G6

Degrom G7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
What about Steven Matz? He'll get a start as well, right?

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
Harvey G1

Syndergaard G2

DeGrom G3

Matz G4

Harvey G5

Syndergaard G6

Degrom G7

I somehow forgot about Matz. Thanks for posting this.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 11:24 AM)
I somehow forgot about Matz. Thanks for posting this.

No worries. I think he's important in this series because he is their only lefty starter. Hopefully he'll throw the Cubs off a bit. deGrom, Syndergaard, and Harvey all are somewhat similar right handed pitchers, and Matz is completely different.

Jays, Royals, Cubs, and Mets could all the win the World Series. There is no analysis. It's the playoffs and variance trumps everything. Just sit back and enjoy. I love the White Sox and they aren't playing so I'm not rooting for or against anyone. I kind of like that it's different teams rather than some combo of Boston, Yanks, Cards and Giants. I also don't want to tell anyone how to be a fan but the Cubs are going to be good for awhile. If that is going to really bother people, then those people might want to move away from Chicago. Should be a pretty miserable existence. Hopefully the White Sox turn things around and it won't matter.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 12:27 PM)
Matz and Niese out of the pen would make it tough for Schwarber late in the game.

Collins has the ability to do some unique things if the cubs try to use percentages too much.

I think Matz will start game 2

QUOTE (shipps @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 01:11 PM)
I am actually really excited to watch this series. There is going to be a lot of powerhouse matchups throughout that whole series. Freaking fun stuff.

If I didn't hate the Cubs and - to a lesser extent - the Royals so much, I'd say this is one of the better pairs of LCS in quite a while.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)
With all the appearances by deGrom and Thor, I kind of forgot about Matt Harvey and the fact that he is probably their best pitcher.

Interesting match-up with one team hoarding young pitchers vs. the other hoarding young hitters.

Eh, I'd say deGrom is their best pitcher. It's Harvey's first year back from TJ and to be honest, he hasn't been that great since his good start to the season.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
Eh, I'd say deGrom is their best pitcher. It's Harvey's first year back from TJ and to be honest, he hasn't been that great since his good start to the season.

He had a 0.33 ERA in August.

DeGrom might be better, but my point was that he seems forgotten since his innings scandal, but that's a pretty damn good pitcher to be a hidden #3.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)
I don't hate Cub players. Just the fans.

Very much yes. And not "all" of them either. I have some very close friends that I've known my whole life that are high on sports right now. More power to them. 2005 was super fun as a Sox fan. And those friends of mine were very complimentary of the Sox in 2005. As much as I hate the stereotypical Cubs fan, and the way the media trips over themselves to embellish the franchise... I am silently rooting for the Cubs just so those aforementioned close friends can experience what we got to experience in 2005.

And on a side note, if the Cubs do go on to win the ALCS or even World Series, does that put any pressure on the Sox to maybe rethink things a little? Am I thinking too much?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)

deGrom is better but its not that appreciable of a difference. There really isn't a big difference between any of their 3 big righty starters.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Oct 16, 2015 -> 02:41 PM)
Very much yes. And not "all" of them either. I have some very close friends that I've known my whole life that are high on sports right now. More power to them. 2005 was super fun as a Sox fan. And those friends of mine were very complimentary of the Sox in 2005. As much as I hate the stereotypical Cubs fan, and the way the media trips over themselves to embellish the franchise... I am silently rooting for the Cubs just so those aforementioned close friends can experience what we got to experience in 2005.

And on a side note, if the Cubs do go on to win the ALCS or even World Series, does that put any pressure on the Sox to maybe rethink things a little? Am I thinking too much?

I would not mind seen the little old lady cub fan see a world series win. The bangwagon freaks will ruin it.